Explore Duna contract bug

I have an active contact for "Explore Duna" in which all I have to do is enter the atmosphere. I sent a probe over there but it didn't register so I thought maybe it had to be a manned mission for some reason. Jeb flew over there, dipped low enough to generate some heat around the craft, and landed back home. The contract is still incomplete. Has anyone had something like this happen before? What should I do other than make changes to the save file? 

Edited by Gamera Obscura

What's really strange is I can't even find mention of this contract within the persistent file and I cannot cancel it within the game. Anyone have any insight?

EDIT: I had 158 messages from all the contracts I had completed. I deleted them and then when I entered the atmosphere, it counted it as fulfilled. Very strange, but I guess there's a limit to that kind of thing? Although, I was able to force completion through the cheats menu. Either way, I was able to get it completed.

Edited by Gamera Obscura

I got another explore Duna contract (this time to land on it and enter the atmosphere). Once again, when I entered the atmosphere (during aerocapture) the game did not recognize that part of the contract as being fulfilled. I deleted the 14 messages I had from other contracts. The next time I entered the atmosphere, while trying to land, it counted it. There definitely seems to be something going on with the game recognizing being in Duna's atmosphere if you have messages in your inbox. So strange...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.