Cat Picture Thread!

Spaceman.Spiff

I am now the human servant of two cats.

The first cat is Boomer, a six-year old:

JrjgCAP.jpg    3bGCMCM.jpg

He's as close to a service animal as a cat can get. I suffer from chronic hemiplegic migraines and there are times he can sense the headaches before anyone else in my family notice. In both of these pictures, he's doing what he does best - hang out with me as close as he can get. As I tell the veterinarian, I am not his owner,  he is a feline friend and companion. One owns pets one does not own friends.

Why the name "Boomer," you ask? It's short for Boomerang. When he was a kitten, he would hop on the dining table and kitchen cabinets. I would yell at him, grab him, and put him on the floor. As soon as I would walk away, he'd be right back up there. Oh, and he also lives up to his name in other ways.  If he's irritated with me because I am ignoring him, he finds stuff to knock off tables, shelves, and yes, even cabinets!

And on Thursday morning, when I was watering plants, I discovered this small ball of fuzz. She was weak, could barely walk around, and meow-screaming for help. She's between four and six weeks old and because of her loud and drawn out meows, she was given the name "Stevie" as in Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. Anyhow, here's Stevie:

PCqTmKg.jpg   zeXujjq.jpg

Pq0DXRG.jpg

I'm sorry I can't get any better pictures of Stevie. She's a little fuzzy ball of energy and it's hard to get a good picture of her. She's never in one spot long enough to get better pictures of her, unless she's sleeping.

It's hard to tell about her "personality" traits yet. I do not think she was far from death when I found her. One of my friends thinks she was probably left behind as the mother cat relocated her other kittens as she was probably the runt of the litter (yes, life can be cruel). Thursday, she ate and slept all day; it was obvious she was malnourished. But by yesterday evening (Saturday, August 7th), she was exploring the downstairs floor of the townhouse. Already, she has found several "favorite" spots - my chair at the dinner table is the perfect sleeping spot. She also likes sitting on the back of the couch, and even sits in the cat toy bin we have in the living room.

Anyhow, that's my two cats.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I am now the human servant of two cats.

The first cat is Boomer, a six-year old:

JrjgCAP.jpg    3bGCMCM.jpg

He's as close to a service animal as a cat can get. I suffer from chronic hemiplegic migraines and there are times he can sense the headaches before anyone else in my family notice. In both of these pictures, he's doing what he does best - hang out with me as close as he can get. As I tell the veterinarian, I am not his owner,  he is a feline friend and companion. One owns pets one does not own friends.

Why the name "Boomer," you ask? It's short for Boomerang. When he was a kitten, he would hop on the dining table and kitchen cabinets. I would yell at him, grab him, and put him on the floor. As soon as I would walk away, he'd be right back up there. Oh, and he also lives up to his name in other ways.  If he's irritated with me because I am ignoring him, he finds stuff to knock off tables, shelves, and yes, even cabinets!

And on Thursday morning, when I was watering plants, I discovered this small ball of fuzz. She was weak, could barely walk around, and meow-screaming for help. She's between four and six weeks old and because of her loud and drawn out meows, she was given the name "Stevie" as in Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. Anyhow, here's Stevie:

PCqTmKg.jpg   zeXujjq.jpg

Pq0DXRG.jpg

I'm sorry I can't get any better pictures of Stevie. She's a little fuzzy ball of energy and it's hard to get a good picture of her. She's never in one spot long enough to get better pictures of her, unless she's sleeping.

It's hard to tell about her "personality" traits yet. I do not think she was far from death when I found her. One of my friends thinks she was probably left behind as the mother cat relocated her other kittens as she was probably the runt of the litter (yes, life can be cruel). Thursday, she ate and slept all day; it was obvious she was malnourished. But by yesterday evening (Saturday, August 7th), she was exploring the downstairs floor of the townhouse. Already, she has found several "favorite" spots - my chair at the dinner table is the perfect sleeping spot. She also likes sitting on the back of the couch, and even sits in the cat toy bin we have in the living room.

Anyhow, that's my two cats.

Adorable :heart_eyes:

12 hours ago, DDE said:

Will get back with my absolute meme machines tomorrow once on desktop.

Spoiler

We'll start out strong

1JHAHaG.jpg

though this may leave some non-plussed

AqDpo70.jpg

for no reason

VnAbNzI.jpg

or for good reason:

SK7RYmb.jpg

Either way, team cohesion is important:

7v6BEH9.jpg

OmJ1Dmu.jpg

zzPLv28.jpg

And that's before we count our dependent strays (currently at 8, but it must've been dozens overall):

fny8dcO.jpg

Yeah, and I'm now on a quest to film a sock drawer intrusion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...