Im going to take a break from KSP. For a while.

Dr. Kerbal

I'm going to take a break from KSP.  This may make some mad but the reason is is just that. I have other things to focus on. I will still be active on the forums but Im going to take a break from KSP. For a few months or until KSP2 comes out. For those who follow my channel, my channel will be dead for a bit. 

Thanks for understanding. I'm just kerbal-ed out. And orbital mechanics boggle my mind. 

Im playing Kerbal again. Can’t keep my self away from it.

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

3 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I'm going to take a break from KSP.  This may make some mad but the reason is is just that. I have other things to focus on. I will still be active on the forums but Im going to take a break from KSP. For a few months or until KSP2 comes out. For those who follow my channel, my channel will be dead for a bit. 

Thanks for understanding. I'm just kerbal-ed out. And orbital mechanics boggle my mind. 

Aw, it’s always good to see your stuff here! Well, better this then get burned out. Take care Doc!! Miss ya already 

I will still be active on the forums but Im going to take a break from KSP. For a few months or until KSP2 comes out.

No problems at all Doc, you know that I do try friendly banter with you from time to time but in no way am I mad. I can't imagine why anyone would be but if they are then don't let it weigh you down. Think of their anger as water off a duck's back.

Everyone does what they have to do, and all YouTubers take breaks for months at a time. You stay frosty and I hope to see you ... LOUNGING around ... ;p soon!

And orbital mechanics boggle my mind. 

Hey, I understand totally. I've learned more about orbital mechanics and spaceflight playing this game than I ever thought possible. It still boggles my mind but it is kind of neat that now I can listen to some of the ESA/NASA/JPL press briefings and actually understand what they are talking about. This is one of the reasons I think Kerbal Space Program succeeds - it is educational and fun and demanding, all at the same time.

I'm going to take a break from KSP.  This may make some mad but the reason is is just that. I have other things to focus on...

I'm just kerbal-ed out.

Everyone reaches that point with even their most favorite games. Even now, I've reduced the amount of time I play Kerbal Space Program from about 30 hours a week to about five hours a week. Not because I am bored with the game or don't like the game. But over the past few months, it's been full speed ahead, working on various KSP projects. Always remember, you do not need anyone's permission to step away from the game. And don't let yourself feel guilty when you do have to step away from it.

I will still be active on the forums...

Yes, this. Of all the gaming forums I belong to, this is by far, my favorite.

Anyhow, don't feel guilty. Enjoy life. Even when fun becomes work, then fun isn't fun anymore. Go have fun!

I have not played for a few months now. The community is nice here so I’m online a lot but KSP just dose not interest me much now. Sometimes I’ll play a bit but I don’t do anything big (usually I’ll just mess around with BDA).

On 8/10/2021 at 12:59 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

I haven’t played KSP in quite awhile actually, but this forum is my first stop when surfing (so easy to get addicted to seeing red dots in the top right corner)

I have for the large part abandoned KSP around 1.6, at least two years ago.

I don't think getting the job at the time was a coincidence.

6 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I took a break for about six months. It's not unusual. I'm back to playing now. I'm so lazy now, though, MechJebbing everything. :D

When your biggest problem is "MechJeb or TCA?"

I kid, but as TCA got more and more features around 2019, I was really confused why I was about to install a third, atmospheric, autopilot.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

TCA is great, and as reported by users, works well in 1.12.2.

It's a pity that the author looks abandoned his coding activities since late autumn till this spring, and still.

I think he bit a lot more than he could chew. Basic TCA was simple and understandable (and often quite necessary). Instead, it turned into a full autopilot. IIRC I could only tolerate the update thanks to the new "compensated vector SAS" feature that promised to allow me to fly a proper copy of the Shuttle.

2 hours ago, DDE said:

I think he bit a lot more than he could chew. Basic TCA was simple and understandable (and often quite necessary). Instead, it turned into a full autopilot. IIRC I could only tolerate the update thanks to the new "compensated vector SAS" feature that promised to allow me to fly a proper copy of the Shuttle.

I'm especially missing for his Hangar mod. A perfect way to save the part count,

been on a quasi break for awhile myself. i got to the point where i downloaded but not installed the final version. i put it off abit knowing there would be point releases. i guess im now waiting for mods to catch up. i just seem to have a general lack of interest in practically everything lately. 

Edited by Nuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.