When did I start my career?

2 hours ago, antipro said:

The oldest item in the save directory is the folder "Ships" which is 255 days old.
Can I take this date as the one of my first vessel launch?

Yes, it's reasonably safe to assume that was the date you started that career. It should've been created automatically, with the two contained folders SPH/VAB, when you created your first craft in that career. Since normally nothing else is created/deleted in that folder, the date should be left undisturbed from that moment.

8 hours ago, Reactordrone said:

Career games start at year 1, day 1

Thanks but this is quite well known.
Although it seemed pretty clear, I forgot to mention that I was referring to the actual date, that of the Gregorian calendar. Sorry.

Edited by antipro

1 hour ago, antipro said:

Although it seemed pretty clear, I forgot to mention that I was referring to the actual date, that of the Gregorian calendar. Sorry.

I think in Main menu options you can select ''human'' years, not sure.

Edited by Serenity

52 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I think in Main menu options you can select ''human'' years, not sure.

However this doesn't help at all: I was asking how to know the creation date of the "career data", in order to know how many days have passed since I started my career.

Edited by antipro

5 minutes ago, antipro said:

However this doesn't help at all: I was asking how to know the creation date of the career file, in order to know how many days have passed since I started my career.

Edit* sry my bad, didn't read carefully and this was already answered as well, time to get some sleep :D .

Edited by Serenity

Just now, Serenity said:

Well if you right click on windows on the career file and see the date when the folder/files were created, then you have that date...right?

I also thought it was that simple but apparently it isn't.
Because there is no "career file", there's only a "career folder" but it's always rewritten and its date it is not reliable.
What I see is in the "Kerbal Space Program" directory is that, there are many folders, included the "Ships" sub-folder in "Kerbal Space Program/saves/(career name)",
whose creation date is 28/11/2020 and there are no other older items.
So like swjr-swis said, it's reasonably safe to assume this was the date I've started this career.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.