Another Feature Video In The Works

Ahres

Scrolled through the unofficial KSP2 subreddit for the first time and came across this. I don't do the Instagrams so I had no idea this was out in the world. I'm a little disappointed that I hadn't heard about this somewhere here on the forums. Looking at you @Minmus Taster!

Edited by Ahres

6 minutes ago, Ahres said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kerbalspaceprogram_2/comments/oyqa3g/kerbal_space_programs_instagram_story/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Scrolled through the unofficial KSP2 subreddit for the first time and came across this. I don't do the Instagrams so I had no idea this was out in the world. I'm a little disappointed that I hadn't heard about this somewhere here on the forums. Looking at you @Minmus Taster!

I assume you mean the blurred screen? another clue to my theory :) then again every single thing the devs say is part of my theory now so...

Just now, Minmus Taster said:

I assume you mean the blurred screen? another clue to my theory :) then again every single thing the devs say is part of my theory now so...

Especially the blurred screen. But just news about filming taking place for another video. There's so much to speculate.

• Why the blurred screen?! 
  • Given that the feature videos idea was in place before a delay was ever announced, is the next video actually already done and this one that's being filmed is an extra?
  • Will the 1-2-2-1 sticky notes easter egg continue?
  • Will the countdown rocket easter egg at the end continue?
  • If they're filming now, how long does it take to get it ready and out the door? Can we piece together such information based off of past feature videos?
  • Which features will this video be about where the VFX artist from Episode 1 will be in it again?

27 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Especially the blurred screen. But just news about filming taking place for another video. There's so much to speculate.

• Why the blurred screen?! 
  • Given that the feature videos idea was in place before a delay was ever announced, is the next video actually already done and this one that's being filmed is an extra?
  • Will the 1-2-2-1 sticky notes easter egg continue?
  • Will the countdown rocket easter egg at the end continue?
  • If they're filming now, how long does it take to get it ready and out the door? Can we piece together such information based off of past feature videos?
  • Which features will this video be about where the VFX artist from Episode 1 will be in it again?

I'd say celestial bodies is soon, because they have been showing us the actual surfaces and a new planet these past few show n tells as well as collisions w the surface in a dev diary (and certain dev diaries like this one seem to be followed by a feature video a few weeks later).

And before every video there is a stream of info on the subject of discussion, so I think celestial bodies would be quite possible as the next feature presentation.

(also they wouldn't have to spoil to many bodies since they seem to have chosen specific planets to show so that they can show us there).

Edited by Minmus Taster

10 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Care to explain what your theory is? I'm interested.

18 minutes ago, Thundy said:

Care to explain what your theory is? I'm interested.

Basically the scrapped story line the original main dev was working on will be implemented in KSP2.

The idea is that most of the easter eggs in the game give you clue's to find a lost planet far past Eeloo which would not be on the map, the planet would have ancient ruins made by the civilization that predated the Kerbals, the planet was once where Kerbin was around the sun until they started experimenting with weird kraken inducing tech and they were flung out into deep space, in the races final moments they scattered easter eggs around the system to seed intelligent life, instead creating the Kerbals, debatably intelligent life.

I wish I could explain the evidence but I have to leave now :)

On 8/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, Minmus Taster said:

Basically the scrapped story line the original main dev was working on will be implemented in KSP2.

The idea is that most of the easter eggs in the game give you clue's to find a lost planet far past Eeloo which would not be on the map, the planet would have ancient ruins made by the civilization that predated the Kerbals, the planet was once where Kerbin was around the sun until they started experimenting with weird kraken inducing tech and they were flung out into deep space, in the races final moments they scattered easter eggs around the system to seed intelligent life, instead creating the Kerbals, debatably intelligent life.

I wish I could explain the evidence but I have to leave now :)

You should make a dedicated thread with the evidence, that would be cool.

16 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

I do, two actually I just can't find the one where I lay it all out.

I think it was this one. Got your back MT.

Edited by Ahres