Revert back to version 1.11 due to game bug in 1.12

So I am having an issue which no one seems to know how to fix but it only happened after I updated to 1.12 (and I have the latest update to that, but it was not fixed).  How can I revert back to version 1.11 to try to update again (or possibly not update until the bug is fixed)?

No mods, no DLCs, just pure stock program, on Windows 8.1.

How did you purchase KSP?

If via Steam, go to your Steam library, right-click on KSP, then one of the menus lets you download "betas". You'll find every old version of KSP listed there to pick.

Another comment about Steam: I don't like playing directly from Steam's KSP folder because Steam likes to do auto-updates that can break saved games especially if you use mods. After you reinstall 1.11.2, navigate to your KSP folder and copy everything to a new folder outside Steam's control, then run KSP from that new folder. You can have multiple independent versions of KSP installed at the same time.

There is an option in the store to download previous versions. But remember you might want to do a clean install, and not install versions overtop of each other. Sometimes it works, sometimesn get odd one-off behaviours doing that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.