What would you want Valve to make: Half-Life 3 or Portal 3 (poll)

Lewie

Half-life 3 vs. Portal 3  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Valve to make Half-Life 3 or Portal 3?

• Half-life 3!
    • Portal 3!

So, we all know Valve. Gaming wouldn’t be what it is without ‘em. Most of us have either played the Half-life series (or know what it is)  same goes for the Portal series (yet another gaming masterpiece!) 

we know that it will most likely never happen...but what would you guys want to play? HL3 or Portal 3? 

Oh, and i would want to see HL3. Portal 2 was a good ending to the series, and both games are highly repayable. Half-Life 2 (chapter 2) was not a good ending to the series, and really really needs a satisfactory conclusion. (And I love Half-life!!) and with modern technology, HL3 could be absolutely gorgeous! HL2 was ahead if its time, and I believe Valve could really make a stunning game with the tools we now have.

Edited by Lewie

On 8/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, Dman979 said:

Team Fortress 3.

Waaaaaaa? 

(Just giving you a hard time!:))

On 8/16/2021 at 4:47 AM, kerbiloid said:

A portal gun in Half-Life would be great together with headcrabs and other creatures to throw.

Half-life/portal crossover?

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

What's Half-Life?

The game which reveals the true nature of a scientist, working in a secret underground R&D physics laboratory complex, who had suddenly gotten a red crowbar and a lot of extraterrestrial invaders to use it on without juridical prosecution.

4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

what's Portal, too

The game about a (post-female) AI from/in a secret underground R&D cybernetics laboratory complex, who tried to make people a little better, until had gotten out of people, and a sociopathic female protagonist trying to solve its puzzles (mostly deadly) with the help of a local tunneling device.

13 hours ago, Nuke said:

i dont think i ever played a valve game.

14 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

What's Half-Life? :P

Hide contents

In fact, what's Portal, too! I've never played either game. Ever. 

*blink*

Only two of the best games ever made! (You’re kidding, right?)

10 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The game which reveals the true nature of a scientist, working in a secret underground R&D physics laboratory complex, who had suddenly gotten a red crowbar and a lot of extraterrestrial invaders to use it on without juridical prosecution.

The game about a (post-female) AI from/in a secret underground R&D cybernetics laboratory complex, who tried to make people a little better, until had gotten out of people, and a sociopathic female protagonist trying to solve its puzzles (mostly deadly) with the help of a local tunneling device.

I don’t think anybody could have said it better!

21 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

No, I am not kidding. ↖ Do I have a face that looks like I am kidding? :P

15 hours ago, Nuke said:

i dont think i ever played a valve game.

Alright, both of you....do yourselves a favor and go buy Half-life or Portal or something!! (Both are $10) seriously, they are some of the best games you will ever play.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, Lewie said:

Alright, both of you....do yourselves a favor and go buy Half-life or Portal or something!! (Both are $10) seriously, they are some of the best games you will ever play.

Actually, they can do themselves an even bigger favor and buy a copy of Black Mesa. ;)

18 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Actually, they can do themselves an even bigger favor and buy a copy of Black Mesa. ;)

Haha, good point!

Black Mesa is pretty fun! Lots of mods are available to download right from the steam workshop (I’ve got 28 or so hours in it)

That’s a tough one. HL has a phenomenal story that needs a sequel. Portal 2 is a finished story that needs some convoluted “we need to go back” story to be even remotely believable.

But then, P3 would actually get made while HL3 has a curse and will never be published. Having something is better than nothing. Rationally I’d go with Portal but my heart says Half Life.

43 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

HL has a phenomenal story that needs a sequel.

Also I believe we should not stay within the human species, and the ability to play as a Xen invader would be also appreciated.

Say, what about a barnacle? Who knows, what thoughts and feelings are boiling under that melancholic and brooding mask...

On 8/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, kerbiloid said:

Also I believe we should not stay within the human species, and the ability to play as a Xen invader would be also appreciated.

Say, what about a barnacle? Who knows, what thoughts and feelings are boiling under that melancholic and brooding mask...

Gall darn, I busted a gut laughing!

On 8/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Kerbart said:

That’s a tough one. HL has a phenomenal story that needs a sequel. Portal 2 is a finished story that needs some convoluted “we need to go back” story to be even remotely believable.

But then, P3 would actually get made while HL3 has a curse and will never be published. Having something is better than nothing. Rationally I’d go with Portal but my heart says Half Life.

Spot on!

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

ACCESS DENIED.

Spoiler

Gordon, get away from the beam!

Spoiler

You'll just have to wait until after the test...

Spoiler

No, seriously, where this is going?

Spoiler

There is no purpose of revealing those spoilers anymore, please stop.

Spoiler

Do you want me to send you to Ravenholm?

Spoiler

There is nothing here! Now get out.

Spoiler

When Half-Life 3 is announced:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.