Kerbalized Realistic Visual Enhancments (KRVE) Development thread

Adiri

screenshot38.png

Welcome to KRVE, it is a visual overhaul for Kerbin (And maybe the rest of the KSP system eventually) that will add fancy clouds, aurora, and a nice atmosphere. I am VERY early into development so I apologize for a lack of info. All I can give for now are some screen shots.
screenshot40.png

Currently it features;

43k Cloud Texture
Custom Aurora
Custom TUFX Profile
8K City Lights
Cloud Shadows

Dependencies:

EVE REDUX

Scatterer

TUFX

Module Manager (bundled)

DOWNLOAD: 

GITHUB

It is Currently In BETA, there is a Roadmap in the README

Thanks to:

@Astronomer 

@themaster401

@ballisticfox0 for the screenshots

This mod is built off of AVP assets so I have to thank them for the kindness of letting me use them for my own pack

Licenses:

KRVE is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA 

Edited by Adiri

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

These are very pretty. Nice job. 

Are there plans for an AVP compatibility patch in the future?

Not sure what you mean by this, most of this is built off of AVP so it should be compatible 

Noice we got module manager installed this time

to be serious I gonna use it

You have to include license in the post too even it is listed in spacedock (dunno how you used avp since you might need list avp assets separately for its original license)

Edited by ssd21345

Just now, ssd21345 said:

Noice we got module manager installed this time

to be serious I gonna use it

You have to include license in the post too even it is listed in spacedock (dunno how you used avp since you might need list avp assets separately for its original license)

Alright will do! If you have any nice screenshots be sure to post them here or mention @Adiri#1460 on discord if you post em there

800 megabytes cubemap? Isn't that a little bit too much? I installed this out of sheer interest and my gtx 1060 has a heart attack in the tracking station with 100% gpu usage. You only covered one planet with clouds and already using more ram and gpu than the entirety of Spectra or AVP. And they both cover all the planets, not just one. 

Edit: oh, apparently those textures were taken straight from AVP itself. But in AVP they're optional. This doesn't seem to be the case here, though. 

Edited by dok_377

Just now, dok_377 said:

800 megabytes cubemap? Isn't that a little bit too much? I installed this out of sheer interest and my gtx 1060 has a heart attack in the tracking station with 100% gpu usage. You only covered one planet with clouds and already using more ram and gpu than the entirety of Spectra or AVP. And they both cover all the planets, not just one. 

Edit: oh, apparently those textures were taken straight from AVP itself. But in AVP they're optional. This doesn't seem to be the case here, though. 

I dont remember it being being 800mb, and as to the performance, I will probably make a version with scaled down versions of the clouds.

16 minutes ago, Adiri said:

I dont remember it being being 800mb, and as to the performance, I will probably make a version with scaled down versions of the clouds.

That's for all six textures total. The maximum size of one of the textures is 256 if I remember right, which is still quite a lot. The whole Spectra weights this much. 

Just now, dok_377 said:

That's for all six textures total. The maximum size of one of the textures is 256 if I remember right, which is still quite a lot. The whole Spectra weights this much. 

Ah well alright, I am working on creating a lighter version with scaled down clouds, should be much easier on your system :)

14 hours ago, Dioso said:

how do you download it cuz it not on ckan

Download it from github, then install the depedencies (Scatterer, EVE, TUFX)

Edited by Adiri

2 hours ago, Adiri said:

Download it from github, then install the depedencies (Scatterer, EVE, TUFX)

where do i put the file in the game data? if it is is that all i need to do?

11 hours ago, Dioso said:

where do i put the file in the game data? if it is is that all i need to do?

All you should have to do is unzip the file and copy all contents into your gamedata folder, then install the dependencies

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.