Attaching parts with construction mode

Okay.   I've watched what I can find on you tube 

In this, when they click on the construction tab, it not only shows  the Kerbals inventory (jetpack and parachute) but also the inventory of the container.   From there, it looks like they can just weld
stuff on at will.

But when I click on the tab, all it shows is my jetpack and 'chute.    The inventory of the container doesn't show up.    Also, if I right click on the container and click "inventory" while construction mode is 
open, I hear the "door" to the container open, but nothing appears. tDEMon2.png

I'm probably missing something super easy here, but getting a bit tired of all the "cool" stuff the expansions gave us that aren't all that intuitive to use IMHO.    

Thanks in advance...

That's a KIS container. I'm not too sure if/how that works with the stock inventory system, but it's possible that the container doesn't use the stock inventory system so it won't show up in that inventory menu. Try again with a stock cargo container (SEQ-3/9/24 I believe) and see how that goes.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

That's a KIS container. I'm not too sure if/how that works with the stock inventory system, but it's possible that the container doesn't use the stock inventory system so it won't show up in that inventory menu. Try again with a stock cargo container (SEQ-3/9/24 I believe) and see how that goes.

KIS and the stock inventory are completely separate. If you want to transfer parts between the inventories, you have to drop them on the ground first. If you want to use KIS containers with stock construction, you can use Kerbal Inventory for All to add slots to modded containers and pods.

3 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I always get caught by the Mods and the stock stuff.    Works like a charm when you use compatible items.   Thank you!

2 hours ago, Stamp20 said:

KIS and the stock inventory are completely separate. If you want to transfer parts between the inventories, you have to drop them on the ground first. If you want to use KIS containers with stock construction, you can use Kerbal Inventory for All to add slots to modded containers and pods.

Thank you as well.    I guess I keep hoping that this last update would have magically  managed to merge both mods and stock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.