Does anyone else have this problem? or what mod causes it

What mods do you have installed? You'll get more relevant replies if we know that.

I see lag with low fps while landing planes carrying many passengers/tourists. It's rarely a problem with regular craft that carry a few Kerbals. It become an issue with contract packs like Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP-JNSQ) that require ferrying 30+ tourists between airports.

Lag patterns include:

• More passengers = more lag. The number of actual passengers carried seems to be a much bigger factor than the number of seats in the craft; huge empty craft is fast, smaller filled craft is slow.
  • Landing = flying near the ground = more ground details displayed = more lag.
  • Restarting KSP = less lag for a few hours of gameplay, then lag slowly creeps back.
  • Other posters have claimed that more open docking ports = more lag. I've only read about this one and haven't noticed it with my big space stations.

Internal views are a big cause of lag and slow performance and the more Kerbals are on board, the worse it gets as the game has to keep track of each one. One option is to delete the IVA views, but deleting stuff from mods can be a risky proposition if you do ‘t know what you’re doing, let alone from stock parts. Option two is keep your crew count small as fewer Kerbals = fewer internal views to keep track of.

@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[*]]:FINAL
{
    !INTERNAL,* {}
}

put this in a .cfg anywere in your gamedata folder.

This disables all rendering for internal views and portraits, i once tested it and gives me more fps but i'm not sure if this gives any complications. the only thing i noticed i can't go IVA ofcourse and EVA a kerbal is not possible with portraits anymore (since they are gone) so you have to do it with the capsule options.

Edited by Kerdel
was not .txt but cfg mistake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.