What are you gonna play when starship launches orbital?

What song are you gonna play when starship launches orbital? 

My pick: space truckin by deep purple in a tie with mars by Gustav Holtz 

(We're probably gonna just listen to the commentary (me included), but still, I'm interested what you want to listen to when it launches.) :D

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
I'm not really going to play anything, and neither is almost everyone else, this is more of a thought experiment.

13 hours ago, Beccab said:

Well, did sh*ttyflute (name of the youtuber and mentioned in the NASA registers, forum) do his version of Starman? That would be my pick

Unfortunately, looks like he hasn’t gotten to that yet. He did do Life on Mars, though! (I’d say something about how bad it is, but if you clicked that link you knew exactly what you were in for.)

As for me, I’m just gonna listen to the commentary, whatever rocket audio they give, and presumably the cheers or groans of the team. They’ll probably have something by Test Shot Starfish playing during the orbit* anyway.

*Not really in orbit, or maybe it is, whatever.

Edited by RyanRising

15 minutes ago, DDE said:

You beat me to it! (Though... I must admit I am extremely tempted to drive down there. It would "only" be a ~6.5 hour drive, so doing a daytrip is theoretically possible, and if it happens on Saturday when I don't have classes... well, we'll see.)

28 minutes ago, Silavite said:

You beat me to it! (Though... I must admit I am extremely tempted to drive down there. It would "only" be a ~6.5 hour drive, so doing a daytrip is theoretically possible, and if it happens on Saturday when I don't have classes... well, we'll see.)

You're talking about the Masters of Scrubbing, at the mercy of Upper-Level Winds, and other shenanigans.

82C7C3D830DED86321108AADF7B4A473E31DD810

For All Mankind has its realism problems, but as pure entertainment (not a realistic representation of spaceflight) I think it is good, and it turned this into the American super heavy launch vehicle launch song for me.

It is pretty impressive this will be the first launch of a "real" (I know the Shuttle can count, but whereas Energia could actually swap out the orbiter for a different heavy payload, the Shuttle was stuck "carrying itself" and thus I don't think it should count within the context of my comment) super heavy lift launch vehicle since 1988- 33 years! That's like waiting from 1945 to 1978 to fly four engined aircraft again (assuming all heavy bombers are completely retired when the war ends and people go back to boats, trains, and DC-3s/Boeing Clipper flying boats and such assorted historical long distance means of travel).

5 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

It is pretty impressive this will be the first launch of a "real" (I know the Shuttle can count, but whereas Energia could actually swap out the orbiter for a different heavy payload, the Shuttle was stuck "carrying itself" and thus I don't think it should count within the context of my comment) super heavy lift launch vehicle since 1988- 33 years!

Before someone else pikes on: Falcon Heavy narrowly edged into NASA's SHLV weight category.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.