Science mods

Lewie

4 hours ago, Lewie said:

Hi all-

I feel that stock ksp is lacking in science experiments (they also tend to get repetitive)  Are there any mods that science experiments like the ones from BDB? 

You can try ScanSat:

You can try Interkosmos, some of the experiments have the same real-life basis as BDB ones (IR spectrometer, hydrometer). DMagic Orbital Science is probably a must-mention here, though it's slightly outdated its magnetometer has arguably more realistic science returns than the stock one.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

Probably also worth mentioning that a lot of the more ambitious parts packs (Stockalike Station Parts, Interstellar, Far Future etc etc) also have a bunch of new science parts even though they're not specifically science-oriented mods. I'm only running Station Parts and Interstellar at the moment (my computer really doesn't like it if I try to run more than a few parts mods at the same time) and I've probably got as many new kinds of science as there are in the base game. 

Worth mentioning Station Science, the parts are large and power-hungry but the experiments are in little pods that are easy to send up to a station and return to the surface. Loads of science available from those and work everywhere in space. There’s another station-based science mod that relies on KIS/KAS but I can’t remember it’s name, maybe NEOS?

There’s KDEX (Kerbal Dust EXperiment), adds a single part and experiment for space-based science; DMOS (DMagic Orbital Science), adds many science thingies; KrakenScience, though that may be out of date now; Interkosmos, Solar Science.,.

There’s also Kerbalism, which makes science experiments take time to run and makes some experiments (e.g. mystery goo and materials bay) produce samples (not data, real physical samples) that need to be returned to Kerbin or processed in a lab to get science. Science-only config works in 1.12.2 as far as I’ve tested it, compatibility with some mods e.g. DMOS is available but not with others, worth a look if you don’t like the one click science system in stock but be warned, some experiments take years- or even decades!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.