Where are Jeb, Bill and Bob now?

Fridgecake

0.17s has been out for a while, where are our favourite kerbalnaughts hanging out in your game(s)?

Jeb is currently standing on Ike, he's got enough fuel to get back into a Duna orbit but no chance of getting back to Kerbal in that craft.

Bill is currently orbiting Jool, probably going to have him land on one of the moons if I can.

Bob splashed into Kerbins ocean after I was messing around spinning his craft around during the deorbit burn to use all the fuel (waste not want not!). The parachute deployed but he's miles from anything. I'll assume he'll find his way back to a spacecraft soon enough.

Where are your Bills, Bobs and Jebs hanging out?

Mine are the first glorious kerbals and Duna since monday - and are stuck there after running out of fuel due to an haphazard launch window and picnic on Ike. But then there was the matter of the rescue team featuring Bill, Bob and Jeb too! So those are hanging out in a module landed on Kerbin so the new rescue team can have different names.

Jeb is currently in a kerbin ocean miles from anything.(Engine blew up due to over heating.) luckily he was slightly out of the atmosphere and I got the parachute deployed in time. Bill and bob are in a orbit around kerbol never to return... I think jeb might of died I have to check that mission...

Jeb is currently in a kerbin ocean miles from anything.(Engine blew up due to over heating.) luckily he was slightly out of the atmosphere and I got the parachute deployed in time. Bill and bob are in a orbit around kerbol never to return... I think jeb might of died I have to check that mission...

You killed Jeb? IMPOSSIBRU!

On 1 crew member rockets, starting fresh for 0.17, Jeb tried my firsts, new and fresh Veronique (http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/vernique.htm) designs. As I left him in orbit, finding that the 2d version was underpowered,

I sent Bob to Minmum with Veronique 3. The fly was successfull, but, not used to land on Minmus (I was away from my computer most of the time during the release of version 0.16, and so, a bit rusty on KSP), I used too mush fuel to land on Minmus.

The landing was just perfect, tho.

screenshot6.png

But, there was not enough fuel left, and so Bob now orbit Kerbin. I hope he enjoy the view.

As for Bill, he also tried Veronique 3 and this time, he managed to get on Mun.

Sadly, the Kraken, being probably bored, wrapped his tentacles around the rocket legs and pulled them into the Munar soil, resulting in a failure :

screenshot58.png

I started fresh with 0.17. They were part of my very first mission, which managed to place all 3 Kerbonauts safely on the surface of the Mun where they still remain awaiting the arrival of more ships to establish a Mun base. Their ship should have the fuel necessary to return to Kerbin when the time comes.

Jeb, Bill and Bob were onboard my very first flight in 0.17; it was a routine LKO flight to test out the new parts, check the engine rebalance and test IVAs... routine, yet GORGEOUS.

FFebE.png

Now, they are training on the ground at KSC, in anticipation of Kerbalkind's first crewed interplanetary flight: an orbital mission to Eve or a Dunian landing, I haven't decided yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.