Beyond Space 1999

ColdJ

@OrbitalManeuvers@Stone Blue@Space Cowboy@AtomicTech

Hi. sorry it's been a few days but I managed to get a severe neck spasm that stopped me from being able to eat, sleep or very much move for 2 and a half days. Only due to a prescription painkiller (that still took a long time to work) am I able to move and function again.

Thank you OrbitalManeuvers for instructions. The interface is slightly different but I believe I have found the right section thanks to you and just need to experiment to make sure I have got it right.

Any tutorials from you StoneBlue or anyone else who is competent in BforArtists 2 would be much appreciated. Not all of us have unlimited internet and so clearly written instructions with some pics are extremely valuable.

Space Cowboy. I have the download now and have had a quick look in BFA2. I should be able to use the model as a base template to create a new one from but along with everything else I have got going it will be awhile. I do not know how to make a decent IVA as yet so it would probably still need to use one of the stock ones for the interior. It also doesn't have ladder colliders or hatch colliders, so all these things will need to be worked out. But I will work on it when I can. Also have a look at the bottom this page in the link for some starwars ships including the Millenium Falcon Hull. I haven't tried them out yet myself as they were built for 1.3.1 but they may be useful if they can work.

https://spacedock.info/profile/SkunkWorksCommand

AtomicTech. It will do us both good to read through the *.mu plugin thread to see if we can find info that might help us improve our model making skills.

Guest Space Cowboy

@ColdJ that sounds fantastic.

A lot of people asked me to use the cupola internals. It could be a stop gap for sure.

If I could, I would request two sizes:

ME6H9XW_t.png 

I don't know if Ubiozor Weld-It or a facsimile will be included in KSP 2.0 but success would hinge on it I guess. I could try to make a KSP1 version again though.  But as I understand the mod has not been working with the current version.

If anyone wants this - this was the research I did on the saucer. The first two are digital composites from the movies, and the second two are the full scale wooden buidups (from ESB I believe).

dboqu14-7e772d39-b512-4b5a-879a-9244d130

Actually @ColdJ - the "thing to do" would be to give the Falcon the same treatment you gave Eagle. Let people build up variants. A lot of variants are out there in the fan world.

Edited by Space Cowboy

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Actually @ColdJ - the "thing to do" would be to give the Falcon the same treatment you gave Eagle. Let people build up variants. A lot of variants are out there in the fan world.

The Spacedock link I gave you had a mod with various hulls and adaptions, assuming they work.

Guest Space Cowboy

For anyone's consideration.

I believe this kerbal Falcon is also a superlative work of art. It's obvious someone spent some serious time developing it.

The following aren't complaints, rather, things which catch the eye. The saucer is too squashed. The so called lifeboats are too small, the cockpit exterior could be improved, and the biggie - there are no cockpit internals.  Having the two ships scale matched would be awesome too. Falcon is too small.

I've not yet flown the Falcon. It wants to come apart at launch.

ME6KUOY_t.gif 

Warning: Opinion: I think the Falcon needs the @ColdJ touch.

Edited by Space Cowboy

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

Nice ships and nice mod! Can it do FTL or warp space? 

Not right now. I don't use any of the other solar system mods so no where to go. I am sure that if I get it good enough to release, that some bright spark will do a patch to make it possible.

28 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Not right now. I don't use any of the other solar system mods so no where to go. I am sure that if I get it good enough to release, that some bright spark will do a patch to make it possible.

tha'ts fine..it will be fun when it also add FTL and life support function too..lots of potentials of this mod

Update: Actually, I simply use the warp drives with reactors/cooler Intersteller extended by FreeThinker to your ships...it still works...now you may need to sort out the life suypport and (TAC, snack and USI) and integrate them too !

Edited by kennyc222

17 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

Update: Actually, I simply use the warp drives with reactors/cooler Intersteller extended by FreeThinker to your ships...it still works...now you may need to sort out the life suypport and (TAC, snack and USI) and integrate them too !

Oh you mean the Eagle, which makes sense considering this is it's thread. Sorry, the whole Millenium Falcon thing got me off track.

I don't really do patches so somebody else will have to work out MM patches if you want to intergrate those mods. I only make stuff that works in Stock and DLC.

Guest Space Cowboy
On 1/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, ColdJ said:

@Space Cowboy

I got some time and built a new one from scratch. Has internal, cabin lights, ladder and hatch collider. I will see about releasing it in the near future.

@ColdJOH HELL YES!

Edited by Space Cowboy

Guest Space Cowboy

Lorne Peterson w/model from Episode 4 (I treated the image with TOPAZ AI)

51872900930_4e47832df9_b.jpg

Edited by Space Cowboy

Guest Space Cowboy

@ColdJ yep sure enough. Looks like the blue stuff might be foam. Guessing he sands it to shape. Just a guess.

I wonder what's on his mind. "Man this is gonna be cool!" or "This is the stupidest looking ship I have ever worked on..."

Edited by Space Cowboy

11 hours ago, Watermel00n said:

How do you make your parts? I am using bforartists 2.7 and dont know how to color my parts

Hi @Watermel00n. Sorry I didn't see this when you were still here. I colour or make the images for my parts using the free off the internet "Paint.net" program. Just be sure to get it only from the creators website. If you want someting more creative than plain colours, you can search the image sections of DuckDuckGo (preferred) or Google. You can select the section you need from a pic using the box, circle or lasso tool and the copy it, paste it into the image you are creating and then manipulate it in you pic. It B4A2 you use the UVEdit section to create a UV map, there are several ways to do this. I usually use the "Project from view" option to create to the panel outline in the 2D overlay on the right. You can then also select only some vertices that hold faces on the main model and use project from view, so that you can move just those sections to where you want on the image overlay. I have some posts in various threads where I have covered things I have discovered, I will see about consolidating them in one thread to make it easier.

Guest Space Cowboy

blueprint revealing 3'4" measurement:

Most readable

=========================================================================================================

• The curve of a saucer is on a 110' 6" radius.
  • The radius of a saucer is 32' (measured at perimeter).
  • The maximum distance (in the center) between the two saucers is 12'.
  • The saucers' distance apart is 3'4" where they meet the mandibles, NOT at the perimeter (but I'll bet it's 3' at the perimeter). CORRECTION: 3'4" is at the saucer perimeter. The figure is seen in two places.

Posting here for posterity as much as anything.  

Ted Ambrose 07/05/1978

51872356198_6b94dc1ab8_b.jpg

Edited by Space Cowboy
Inserted blueprint with 3'4" figure

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.