Mods that should be integrated into ksp2.

1 hour ago, awsumguy76801 said:

OPM feels like a required addition to KSP 2. Same for Galaxies Unbound and Minor Planets Expansion. 

Well... the Kerbin system is not going to be changed except an art pass. There will be other solar systems to visit once you have the tech so it won't take centuries to reach. Now there should be better mod support for KSP2. Someone can port those mods if they want after release.

Well, they are adding more planets and star systems, so we're getting the functionality of that, but we're not getting the content of it, if you get what I mean.

Yes, we're getting more gas giants, no they're not around Kerbol. Yes, we're getting more planets, again they're not around Kerbol (but the ones that ARE around Kerbol are getting a big overhaul so that for example there's a good reason to go to Dres, and the other places that usually don't get visited that much.

• 1 month later...

i'll be interested to see how they handle the binary system orbital mechanics. they said they won't be adding n-body gravitation like the principia mod, but personally it's my favourite with the features i'd most like to see added.

aside from that maybe a little more orbital data like from KER would be handy.

13 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

MechJeb allows you to plan maneuvers at the next Ap/Pe or AN/DN.

Yeah I guess what would be amazing would be to right click on a node and be given an option to add a maneuver thats snapped to it, or as is often the case when nodes and approach markers are stacked on top of each other select which node to add the maneuver to from a dropdown. Id guess 80% of the maneuvers I make aught really to be snapped to one of those nodes. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

34 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yeah I guess what would be amazing would be to right click on a node and be given an option to add a maneuver thats snapped to it, or as is often the case when nodes and approach markers are stacked on top of each other select which node to add the maneuver to from a dropdown. Id guess 80% of the maneuvers I make aught really to be snapped to one of those nodes. 

Yeah, that would be cool if it were stock functionality.  And as has been pointed out, people have mentioned that they would like MJ to be included as part of stock.  All we can do now is wait and see!