The Gaelan Space Race (we have a winner!)

1 hour ago, minerbat said:

https://imgur.com/OGnCMor

i wanted to continue, but for some reason time has gone back to 2h 57m, which is just after the Newton 6 failiure.
also the tech node survivability has not been unlocked, even though Newton 6 and later crafts used those parts. what should i do now?

Go to KSP/saves/(your save name)/backups, copy those backup save files and paste them in the folder up then try loading them in game and see if any of them don't have the problem?
(Also the text in your post isn't wrapping across lines for some reason, that's a bit weird...)

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

20 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Go to KSP/saves/(your save name)/backups, copy those backup save files and paste them in the folder up then try loading them in game and see if any of them don't have the problem?
(Also the text in your post isn't wrapping across lines for some reason, that's a bit weird...)

doesnt work... they all go back to even earlier

Phase 3: Gaelans in Space Soonest

MISSION 1:  Gael Orbiter.   Y1 D365 03:38:36  - Y1 D365 04:13:52

• First crewed orbit of Gael- must complete one full orbit and then return to the surface alive! Completed Y1 D365 04:13:52
Spoiler

LeogEW8.png

B0ty8Qw.png

BMIHGRO.png

De-orbiting burn

FudMcd9.png

o82Z3ho.png

qVYcMBu.png

YOk3PMH.png

MISSION 2:  Iota Orbiter/Lander.   Y1 D365 04:53:08  - Y1 D367 04:10:05

• First crewed orbit of Iota;  Completed Y1 D367 03:55:295
  • First crewed landing (with flag!) on Iota;   Completed Y1 D367 04:10:05

Spoiler

VR4kGMS.png

uxvbGVE.png

UClah1B.png

3g7YFih.png

Wv1WDnr.png

qvFuW4b.png

lubiZJC.png

nF8owPy.png

QW8jDTu.png

uOZtYo7.png

Qzep53S.png

PpD5twP.png

MISSION 3:  Ceti Orbiter/Lander.   Y1 D365 03:49:49  - Y1 D368 03:21:56

• First crewed orbit of Ceti;    Completed Y1 D368 03:15:15
  • First crewed landing on Ceti;  Completed Y1 D368 03:21:56

Spoiler

Ceti Lander Launch

rImBcDH.png

WyUbLcU.png

i9L3MpY.png

rE5enuT.png

UBeBYyk.png

mTrlMa7.png

qqjKHBL.png

wEn6WCm.png

gafW0nN.png

oVS4ano.png

0Z4p6ng.png

zUOcADC.png

MISSION 4:  Gael Space Station.   Y1 D369 00:28:35  - Y1 D369 03:11:29

• First space station around Gael- must have at least six (internal!) seats, launched empty and then complete an orbit with at least two crew aboard to complete this objective;

Spoiler

88ObIFl.png

YIe02n7.png

vIflIpD.png

CbRcDcu.png

WnfPc1J.png

FR7nEfd.png

STucCAn.png

MISSION 5:  Iota Space Station.   Y1 D369 03:29:46  - Y1 D371 00:52:41

First space station around a moon of Gael- same rules apply as for the Gael space station;

Spoiler

mSwbYOU.png

5n8FcX8.png

82e8cN5.png

1BV1gJO.png

kKXhmLy.png

oCDkvc2.png

ainsn7j.png

P43TdVX.png

GbPhFoG.png

MISSION 6:  Iota Base Station.   Y1 D369 03:59:36  - Y1 D372 04:06:27

• First surface base on a moon of Gael- must have at least six internal seats, launched and landed empty then be occupied by at least two crew to complete this objective.

Spoiler

zJjgjSG.png

7VpKNS4.png

Iota Base rendezvous with Iota Space Station.

NlvRNfK.png

Crew from the previous Iota Lander mission rendezvous with the Space Station.

8MZZfLG.png

Iota Base descends to the surface.

InWL7jd.png

oURs0Nx.png

Iota Base landed, uncrewed.

Bc4ZIpd.png

l5f4zDE.png

Sc4tRD3.png

Using landing guidance, it was simple to land right next to the Iota Base.

uOfOK7n.png

92JHR9C.png

ePCm3J9.png

Galileo and Bobert enter the Iota Base.  Regrettably the planned JAMMED science experiment failed (not enough power), so they return to the Iota Space Station with samples

At completion of this phase:

• the two crew of Ceti Lander collected samples from 3 adjacent biomes, ascended to the return craft and three crew safely landed on Gael.
  • the two crew of Iota Base Station collected sample science, and then ascended to the Iota Base station where they remain running science in the space station
  • the 6 crew of the Gael Space station collected science for a short period, then returned safely to Gael in two separate return capsules.

Edited by jinnantonix

And were off to a late and Groggy start...  But here is the current operation/situation Jeb  was recently promoted in the R/D Department as he decided to retire from space flight for now. BOY, HOW  THIS WAS THE "WORST" best decision we made...... JEB in his haste for Other Kerbals to fly Forgot to unlock the Drones.

cfefd41c606f65dd438db024e92cecee.png

Phase 1 Status/Progress:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONGOING MISSIONS:

• First launch- must reach 5km AGL;     IN PROGRESS   (2 invalid attempts)
  • First to reach space- must leave the atmosphere;  IN PROGRESS  (2 invalid attempts)

MISSIONS  COMING SOON:

• First orbit- must complete one full orbit;
  • First orbit and return- must complete one full orbit before returning;
  • First flyby of Iota;
  • First impactor on Iota- must hit the ground at >100m/s;
  • First orbit of Iota;
  • First soft landing on Iota;
  • First flyby of Ceti;
  • First impactor on Ceti (>100m/s velocity);
  • First orbit of Ceti;
  • First soft landing on Ceti;
  • First interplanetary probe- leave Gael's SOI to claim this one, however you can aim at another planet if you want!
  • Sample return mission to Iota- must soft land on the moon, run an experiment and then transport the data/sample back to the surface of Gael intact!
  • Sample return mission to Ceti- same conditions as above;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current time is:  Y1 D1 H2 M3 With 2 Objectives in Mind.. Reach 5K  and Breach  though the atmosphere... Though We need to unlock drones. On a side note i also saw 2 unauthorized manned (capsules launched with test dummies)  And All be it made decent progress  sadly 1 of the 2 burnt up apon re entry the second one will do the same if my calculations are correct.... ( NOTE: with regards to the first Phase rules these 2 launches described these are invalid launches)

185e5bd5096c02707537150d903f8d50.gif

Edited by Turbofreak

Phase 1 Status/Progress:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPLETE MISSIONS:

• First launch- must reach 5km AGL;  Complete   (2 invalid attempts)  Time Taken: Y1 D1 H1 M1 - Y1 D1 H4 M53...
  • First to reach space- must leave the atmosphere;  Complete  (2 invalid attempts) Time Taken: Y1 D1 H1 M1 - Y1 D1 H4 M55...
  • Spoiler

df9d8e823fc29c05da921aee16410a5f.jpeg

•  What the craft looks like:

Spoiler

8cf7dfabd5140b8a0b364887f3ff6319.png

ONGOING MISSIONS:

• RESARCHING SAS SYSTEMS /SOLAR BEFORE CONTINUING PHASE 1 Missions

MISSIONS  COMING SOON:

• First orbit- must complete one full orbit;
  • First flyby of Iota;
  • First orbit of Iota;
  • First flyby of Ceti;
  • First orbit of Ceti;
  • First interplanetary probe- leave Gael's SOI to claim this one, however you can aim at another planet if you want!
  • Sample return mission to Iota- must soft land on the moon, run an experiment and then transport the data/sample back to the surface of Gael intact!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current time is:  Y1 D1 H2 M3 With 2 Objectives in Mind.. Reach 5K  and Breach  though the atmosphere... Objective 1 of 2 complete breach 5k On to the next objective Hopefully with a more stable flight..

Edited by Turbofreak

Recently unlocked the Planes after i unlocked the basic Sas. Next science Probe project is going to solar/ Then advanced sas  total of 180 science 6086c3478c905970a3091293ea9a6c71.png

Manned Science collectoer Mk1 The Juno engines in this configuration can break the speed of sound but just barely  and they are super effeicent  sipping on fuel.  im almost half way to the north pole From there ill collect a sample of dirt then return home followed by doing the same thing  untill i get enough science out of this planet

Phase 1 Status/Progress:

COMPLETE MISSIONS:

• First launch- must reach 5km AGL;  Complete   (2 invalid attempts)  Time Taken: Y1 D1 H1 M1 - Y1 D1 H4 M53...
  • First to reach space- must leave the atmosphere;  Complete  (2 invalid attempts) Time Taken: Y1 D1 H1 M1 - Y1 D1 H4 M55...
  •   Hide contents

df9d8e823fc29c05da921aee16410a5f.jpeg

Hide contents

8cf7dfabd5140b8a0b364887f3ff6319.png

ONGOING MISSIONS:

• First orbit- must complete one full orbit;     IN PROGRESS
  • Spoiler

Had to goto work so will post soon

MISSIONS  COMING SOON:

• First flyby of Iota;
  • First orbit of Iota;
  • First flyby of Ceti;
  • First orbit of Ceti;

Current time is:  Y1 D1 H2 M3 With 2 Objectives in Mind.. Reach 5K  and Breach  though the atmosphere... Objective 1 of 2 complete breach 5k On to the next objective Hopefully with a more stable flight..

Edited by Turbofreak

@jimmymcgoochie another quick question.  I am planning on a crewed landing on Icarus.  This will require a LOT of delta-V.  My plan is to make a single vessel from docking in Gael orbit a crewed vessel and an uncrewed vessel (nuclear tug).  The vessels never detach again, however the craft drops tanks as it progresses.  I am happy to initially count the vessel as if it is two vessels (one crewed, one uncrewed).  At what point could I consider it a single crewed vessel?  eg when all the fuel and tanks in the nuclear tug are dropped?

Also does the requirement for internal seats in a crewed vessel apply for craft returning to Gael.

Edit: 
I decided that Icarus was too hard, and went to Tellumo instead.
The return craft included the Lander (two internal seats) and the re-entry pod (4 internal seats).

cSU69Q8.png

Edited by jinnantonix

• 2 weeks later...

Phase 4: To Boldly Go

MISSION 1:  Deep Space.   Y1 D374 01:52:59  - Y1 D392 05:57:05

• First crewed vessel to leave Gael’s SOI; Completed Y1 D392 05:57:05

Spoiler

First Launch

5337k2n.png

sham2ej.png

XD8nocZ.png

iZQwb1e.png

Re-orienting, Apollo style

TgfuUI1.png

Reaching SOI

eyqHNTJ.png

After reaching deep space, the probe reverses thrust and returns to Gael.

NAr5jAy.png

urOTCFx.png

MISSION 2:  Thalia 2 Mission   Y2 D94 01:52:07  - Y2 D173 01:54:57

• First crewed interplanetary orbit; Completed Y2 D252 02:55:18
  • First crewed interplanetary landing; Completed Y2 D173 01:54:57

Spoiler

J5unZ2v.png

5op7nPl.png

gxCTKLS.png

vXRXwex.png

First crewed orbit  - Thalia.

nb3plcw.png

Thalia Relay

Vc6t9mY.png

Landed on Thalia - first crewed landing.  Very hot!

vuaGgOv.png

NicVNgu.png

T6HgZjM.png

Rendezvous in Thalia Orbit -  Apollo style

Aao3lhK.png

Landed at Eta - 2nd crewed landing

PFSC5j8.png

3K1NcQg.png

Safely returned from Thalia

W6LFMKf.png

MISSION 3:  Gratian Mission   

• First to have ten interplanetary probes in orbit around ten different planets and moons beyond Gael’s SOI at the same time;
  • First to land crew on five different bodies outside Gael’s SOI;

Spoiler

8F87Sxq.png

8M2fdWG.png

QEKRd1c.png

AeqB3E5.png

YlqCwKy.png

Entering Gratian orbit

JlAUN6x.png

Decoupling Gratian Relay Probe

8TeVaoK.png

Entering Geminus orbit

M4RrfXW.png

Geminus Orbital probe

cs2eAGD.png

Landed at Geminus

4xNC4lk.png

Safely home from Gratian

9lL9d7A.png

MISSION 4:  Gauss Mission   

• First to have ten interplanetary probes in orbit around ten different planets and moons beyond Gael’s SOI at the same time;
  • Complete the three landings on Icarus, Lili and Tarsiss;  <<< Landing on Tarsiss

Spoiler

4jSFkqU.png

oL6mNfJ.png

GCrWYvV.png

Gravity capture and burn at Catellus (Tarsiss rising)

Xng9t7d.png

Catellus Orbital probe

hf6EbHM.png

Loki Capture and burn
7uYhbSj.png

Loki Orbital probe

ZPCoE8A.png

eaquIJD.png

9KcI2K7.png

Tarsiss Lander

vS0xKpZ.png

Gauss Mission Completed

MISSION 5:  Niven Mission   

Spoiler

x3ANoR3.png

2r0HYFO.png

uuTS6Us.png

Deploying Niven Relay probe

Z2prZTD.png

wzLekgR.png

Landed on Niven

yZhA5v6.png

Safely Home form Niven
gZvKNOn.png

MISSION 6:  Tellumo 2 Mission   

Spoiler

m0zXhtA.png

Kxojkop.png

Entering Tellumo orbit

pj4yioZ.png

Landed on Lili

C6KkOVA.png3qKIgyi.png

Safely home from Tellumo
X00plB7.png

Tellumo 2 Mission Completed

• First to have ten interplanetary probes in orbit around ten different planets and moons   (Previously.  Thalia, Eta , Icarus, Tellumo, Lili)
    • Niven
    • Gratian
    • Geminus
    • Catellis, 
    • Loki Completed Y4 D111 01:32:05

Complete the three landings on Icarus, Lili and Tarsiss; >>> Tarsiss Landing Completed Y4 D112 00:23:34

• Thalia
    • Eta
    • Geminus
    • Lili
    • Niven Completed Y4 D112 03:18:27    

... Onward to Grannus.

Edited by jinnantonix

@jimmymcgoochie as a check for the rules here is my strategy for Grannus.  

• Crewed interplanetary ships must have at least six internal seats, have at least three crew and at least one free seat per two crew. 
  • Interstellar ships need 10 seats and at least six crew, with one free seat per two crew; landers must have at least two crew and three total seats.

Can I have an interplanetary ship that has 12 seats and 6 crew, that after reaching Grannus SOI, splits into two active vessels each with 6 seats and 3 crew?
    Can I dock two active interstellar ships, dock them together, and then later split them apart into two active vessel again.

Edited by jinnantonix

@jimmymcgoochie I have hit a fatal bug.  Whenever I time warp I get a message " A producer of ElectricCharge has incoherent behaviour.." and it wont allow me to warp faster than x1000.  I loaded Better Time Warp to see if this would fix it, it doesn't.  In fact Better Time Warp doesn't seem to work at all, nothing I press increases time warp.  Any ideas?  I obviously cant get to Grannus without enhanced time warp.

2 hours ago, jinnantonix said:

@jimmymcgoochie I have hit a fatal bug.  Whenever I time warp I get a message " A producer of ElectricCharge has incoherent behaviour.." and it wont allow me to warp faster than x1000.  I loaded Better Time Warp to see if this would fix it, it doesn't.  In fact Better Time Warp doesn't seem to work at all, nothing I press increases time warp.  Any ideas?  I obviously cant get to Grannus without enhanced time warp.

That’s a Kerbalism thing. It should work fine if you go to the tracking station; it always has for me at any rate.

18 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

That’s a Kerbalism thing. It should work fine if you go to the tracking station; it always has for me at any rate.

200 years for a Grannus transit in the tracking station?   Is there a way to increase the maximum time warp speed?

Edit:  I just fiddled with Better Time Warp, and now getting good results in the tracking station.  So all good.

Edited by jinnantonix

A little bit of rule clarification in response to a query from @jinnantonix:

ANY crewed ship that leaves Gael's SOI is an interplanetary ship, and ANY crewed ship that enters Grannus' SOI is an interstellar ship; they should have a minimum internal seat count of 6 and 10 respectively at all times, how you do that is up to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.