Will The Music In Editor and Flight be moddable?

51 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

It wouldn't be necessary for PC players. All you will need to do is turn the music to zero and fire up your favorite music player. Tada, your own soundtrack.

That's the lame answer. The exciting answer is: hopefully yes. KSP 2 will have better modding support.

2 hours ago, WelshSteW said:

Just in case you don't know, you can replace the music in KSP1 using this mod. I would imagine KSP2 would be the same / similar.

That mod has dependencies that I do not want installed. It looks like it would be a good mod, though.

27 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

That mod has dependencies that I do not want installed. It looks like it would be a good mod, though.

What's wrong with the dependencies?  The are only support libraries, does not affect any other mod that doesn't need them.

38 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

@linuxgurugamer

The dependencies I'm referring to are Click Through Blocker and Toolbar. IMO they are just annoying and get in the way.

How do they get in the way?

You are free to copy the mod and do what you want with it.  Remove the dependencies if you like.  Nothing stopping you from doing that. And, of course, you are free to not use the mod for whatever reason you have.  But as th ed ok ne maintaining mods for free, I use these dependencies to make my job easier.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

14 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

Is there a way to run it without those dependencies, a previous version, perhaps?

You could probably take the original mod and recompile it, but that wouldn't have any of the fixes that may be in (I have no recollection of what changes have been done)

41 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

I don't know code, so I don't know how to recompile stuff.

So there is your answer. Use the mod, dependencies and all, or don't. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Alternately, you can learn how to code. There are free tutorials readily available online.

Slightly off topic but I'm curious.  What's the problem with Click Through Blocker and Toolbar?  I have them on my modded install, and from what I can see they just sit there doing whatever they do in the background, without causing any problems but make some of my favourite mods work without any fuss.

59 minutes ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

Slightly off topic but I'm curious.  What's the problem with Click Through Blocker and Toolbar?  I have them on my modded install, and from what I can see they just sit there doing whatever they do in the background, without causing any problems but make some of my favourite mods work without any fuss.

It's really toolbar. It's Blizzy's toolbar, right? Well, for me it's a button in the middle of the screen when it should be on the toolbar itself, and you click it to see a menu filled with other buttons that you set in there. Is that what it is for everyone else?

5 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

It's really toolbar. It's Blizzy's toolbar, right? Well, for me it's a button in the middle of the screen when it should be on the toolbar itself, and you click it to see a menu filled with other buttons that you set in there. Is that what it is for everyone else?

Well, there is a bit of history here.  The Blizzy Toolbar was made before there was a stock toolbar.  It is highly configurable, you should read its thread.

I wrote the ToolbarController to make it easier to manage both the stock and Blizzy toolbar.  It removed the dependency on the Blizzy Toolbar, making it optional.

The Blizzy Toolbar won't do anything until you configure it.  Sounds like you haven't done that, which is why it is just a button on the screen

On 8/29/2021 at 5:16 PM, KSP_linux0191 said:

The dependencies I'm referring to are Click Through Blocker and Toolbar. IMO they are just annoying and get in the way.

It seems a bit silly that a toolbar mod is required for a mod in a game that already has a toolbar flush with the rest of the UI, but still you get used to the semi-pointless clutter and Kerbal bloatware as your pile of mods grows.