Teraforming to build new bases

Hey, welcome Freeze :)

I doubt we'll be able to alter the climate of planets, but I'm really excited to build colonies and roads in unusual locations. I want to build a launch pad on top of the mountains west of the Kerbal Space Centre. I want to build a beach resort on Laythe. I want to build a city along a cliff edge on Duna. 

Terraforming? Do you mean that in the simple “making this hilly bit of land level to have a nice flat surface to build on” meaning, or the vastly more complex “turning Duna’s global climactic, atmospheric and biospheric conditions into something resembling Kerbin’s” meaning? The former would be a nice thing to have and could help with building bases and colonies in places with rough or awkward terrain; the latter is wildly out of scope for a “building and flying rockets” game even with the much grander vision of KSP2 and just won’t happen.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Terraforming? Do you mean that in the simple “making this hilly bit of land level to have a nice flat surface to build on” meaning, or the vastly more complex “turning Duna’s global climactic, atmospheric and biospheric conditions into something resembling Kerbin’s” meaning? The former would be a nice thing to have and could help with building bases and colonies in places with rough or awkward terrain; the latter is wildly out of scope for a “building and flying rockets” game even with the much grander vision of KSP2 and just won’t happen.

That's reserved for Ksp 3 :sticktongue:

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
(The altering climate bit)