Steven's Install, Screenshot & TUFX Guide (Always WIP)

Pioneer_Steve

Steven's TUFX & Visual Setup Guide![Configs & Setup always WIP]

I've been asked from the Moon and back questions such as 'TUFX Profile?' 'What mods are you using?' etc...  I'm hoping this thread covers everything you need to make some really lovely screenshots.

E96XuYHX0AQ3kc9?format=jpg&name=4096x409unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

1. TUFX Configurations

I have 4 configurations that I switch between and that includes...

• Hassel  (A warm configuration with chromatic abberation and slight grain)
  • Hassel_Lesserbloom  (Above config with less bloom )
  • Apollo (A config I created for Lunar surface environments, you will get artifacting on sunflares due to post exposure)
  • Apollo_Lower Exposure ( Works better for LEO/LKO environments)

Each config I use in different situations, if your not getting the desired results always switch profiles and give it a look! Experimenting with visuals is key to getting some beautiful shots!

Installation

1. Download TUFX & drag into your GameData folder
  2. Download the profiles provided below and drag them into your TUFX folder

TUFX Profiles

Spoiler

Hassel1.png

Apollo.png

2. Visual Mods

These mods will enhance your visuals and will absolutely bring some beauty into Kerbal Space Program.

1. Kerbal Sized Real Solar System (A Kerbalized version of the Solar System at Kerbal scale)
  2. Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (Clouds & Aurora's with better performance than previous versions)
  3. Scatterer(Atmospheric scattering)
  4. TUFX (Post processing)
  5. Distant Object Enhancement ( Planets & distant vessel rendering with dynamic skybox dimming when looking at the sun)
  6. Planetshine (Ambient light & light near planets)
  7. Kopernicus ( Planetary system modifier which is a major dependancy)
  8. TINU ( Allows you to move the camera in any orientation)
  9. Waterfall (Changes the stock plumes into mesh based beautiful plumes)
  10. Poods Deep Star Skybox(Changes the Skybox to a more toned down one)

These are core mods which work incredibly well together and are the foundation for a solid modded install.

unknown.png

3. Part Mods

These are a list of part mods in which I find to be absolutley neccesary.

1. Bluedog Design Bureau ( American Rocketry & Probes including Mercury Gemini & Apollo and even more )
  2. Tantares, LV & SP ( Soviet Rocketry including any soviet spacecraft you can think of! )
  3. Knes (ESA Rockets such as Ariane 5 and many more European concepts)
  4. EStreetRockets Mods (Rocket Motor Mengerie, Eisenhower-Aeronautics, Asbury-Western-Industries)
  5.  Nertea's Suite ( Near Future Mods, Cryo Tanks, Far Future Technologies, System Heat )
  6. Restock ( Overhauls the stock parts to have a consistent artstyle )
  7. Universal Storage ( Adds new parts for creating service modules)
  8. Coatl Aerospace ( Adds parts based on probes such as Voyager & Cassini)

And so much more!!!

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

4. Screenshot Tips

• Change your field of View! Field of view can make a dramatic difference in your screenshots.
  • Mess with your visuals! Mods such as Planetshine and TUFX have values that you can tinker with go out and make your own configurations!
  • Use the rule of three, try  capture and compose the image to include different parts in different positions.
  • Lighting is key in an image if you can't see anything then mess with ambient light or planetshine.
  • Get Close! Bring out the detail in specific parts!
  • Use V to switch between different camera modes.
  • Holding the scrollwheel and moving your mouse moves your vessel off centre from the screen.
  • Higher resolution will obviously get you better results, I play in 2560x1440, if you don't have a high resolution monitor you can supersample the image using BOSS or by editing the KSP config file.

unknown.png

5. Thank You

Thank you to @Zorg@CobaltWolf@tony48@Vals_Aerospace@Zarbon44@EM23@Invaderchaos for your incredible talent and support.

unknown.png

Edited by Pioneer_Steve
TUFX Update

3 minutes ago, Hatattack said:

This is possibly the best thing I have ever seen in this game :o Your screenshots are on a complete other level. Also how did you make the RTG covers?

I used Procedural Fairings, I put an interstage base and then put one fairing on and that creates the radiation shield :D

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2021 at 3:45 PM, space_powder said:

Any tips on making the anti-aliasing look a bit nicer? Think mine's at max in regular KSP settings but I heard about scatterer (or was it TUFX?) borking them. Especially visible when there's thin parts like antenna booms (if that's the right word lol)

I just have mine on 8x, messing with TUFX's AA is a bit janky.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...