KerbalEdu Transition

Hello all. As you know, unfortunately KerbalEdu is not accessible at the moment due to TeacherGaming fully ending their services. We are currently working with TeacherGaming to transition KerbalEdu to Private Division. Once this handover is complete, current educators will have continued access to KerbalEdu at no additional cost. If you would prefer to keep using KerbalEdu, TeacherGaming will reach out with more information on how to gain access to KerbalEdu as soon as it is available. (You should expect to see an email with more information within the next month)

Do you have an anticipated timeline for the handoff to Private Division?  I am currently building the framework for a course in space exploration and will be looking to secure some education licenses for my school starting with the second semester.  With the site and materials currently down, I need to decide whether to look for another major activity to use, so any insights for timing will help.

I sent an email to info@kerbalspace in mid July, but I've had no response.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Rob Petro said:

Do you have an anticipated timeline for the handoff to Private Division?  I am currently building the framework for a course in space exploration and will be looking to secure some education licenses for my school starting with the second semester.  With the site and materials currently down, I need to decide whether to look for another major activity to use, so any insights for timing will help.

KerbalEdu services are still currently in the transition phase. You'll receive information on how to obtain KerbalEdu through PrivateDivision via an email from TeacherGaming by the end of this month. 

• 1 month later...

Any further news?  I haven't been around the forums for a while and just found out about the switch to Private division. I *had* two copies of KerbalEdu in my account on the ksp store, just made the switch to PD and no Edu versions ...

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, esavalle said:

Hi,
I am a teacher that is considering to purchase a few licenses (~10) of Kerbal Space Program for celestial mechanics lectures. I've just discovered KerbalEDU and I was wondering if there was a way to buy the licenses now ?
Cheers,

Welcome to the forum @esavalle, at the moment KerbalEDU is being transitioned to a new in-house platform after the previous provider ended their services and so it is impossible to set up the virtual classroom that is required for lessons. Please keep an eye on this thread for further news.

We have received an update. 

KSP EDU is making good progress and that previous EDU customers should have begun to receive emails with codes. New customers will take a big longer but we're hoping to have that done within the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...

Update:
KerbalEDU customers should have received an email via TeacherGaming with their KerbalEDU website login information and key in November. Please check your inbox as well as any spam or other folders you may have just in case this email was filtered by your email service provider.

If you are a pre-existing KerbalEDU customer and you are unable to find this email, please contact our customer support team at https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us and let them know. They'll be able to verify your account and get your key to you.

If you are an educator that is interested in KerbalEDU but have not used it previously, please contact our customer support team at https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us to be placed on the waiting list for access.  If possible, please reach out using your edu related email address.

• 2 weeks later...

would love to know how people are using this in classrooms with all the "child identity" protection requirements...i want to use it but need information to give to the district lawyers...email me directly if you would like to assist me...peace :) [email protected] work in the Bellevue School District near Seattle, WA...thanks in advance

james burke

21 hours ago, inibara said:

would love to know how people are using this in classrooms with all the "child identity" protection requirements...

Hello @inibara! Please reach out to our support team at https://support.privatedivision.com/and they'll assist with getting you more information.