Any way of recovering an overwritten world????

hello my brothaer was playing with my pc and opened kerbal space program.

he went to create a new world.he named it the same as my other world and than it sayed a game with that name allredy exists do you want to overwrite it? and he pressed OVERWRITE.

is there any way of recovering my old world? I really need my world back pls.

Edited by jimkotsakis

If you create a new save game with the same name as an existing one, the existing save is deleted and you can’t get it back. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

It’s always a good idea to name your save games something other than “default” so they’re less likely to be overwritten accidentally, and to create backups of the save files inside it (KSP/saves/(whatever you called your save) then copy persistent.sfs and keep a copy somewhere outside the KSP folders) to avoid losing a save game you’ve been playing for a long time.

The general answer is it's gone, as previously mentioned. There's nothing baked into the game that will let you do it. 

But..  if you have certain things enabled on your machine, it's only probably gone. On Windows if you right click on the folder and select "restore  previous versions" and the resulting list is not empty then you can recover the best possible one. There is something similar for Macs, don't know about the various *nixs.

There are a couple of black magic/voodoo techniques that rely on how operating systems overwrite files... but they lie in the magic smoke territory. 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.