KSP went from having a stroke in the editor to breaking my install

This bug first appeared last night while I was working on a Mun probe and lander combo, after placing an adapter part, the part just deleted itself and soft locked me in the editor, and refused to let me save the craft, I managed to upload the file to steam to save it, after restarting the game, it escalated until I was locked in the editor and was forced to Alt-f4 the game, because it started to refuse to let me out of the VAB, or really do anything. I verified game files through steam, it found a few corrupt files, it repairs, and it was working. Then I updated to 1.12, and the game now refuses to even get to the loading screen. It crashes with an error popup: "Internal error 0x0A: Protection Initialization failed!" Any ideas to salvage the install? My internet only manages to hit around 600 KB/s download, so I really want to avoid reinstalling the game. The error makes me thing that a DLC might had gotten corrupted.
TL:DR Game is broken because the kraken decided to nuke my install due to me placing a part.
Nevermind, the game fixed itself after letting it sit for a bit.

Edited by Rocketsciences101
Nope, it broke itself again.

17 hours ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

I recommend you put your savefiles in a safe place first of all then try reinstalling the game even if you don't want to. 

Well, it fixed itself again, funny enough after I installed a ton of mods, which was the opposite of what I though was going to happen. I'll probably reinstall the game soon.

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.