(suggestion) Power sources for colonies can break

For example wind turbines, solar panels and other equipment used for supplying the colony have a chance of breaking and you would have to repair them, and if you don't and the colony runs out of power, the kerbals will become less productive / population will shrink.

Maybe pushing a power source too hard may decrease efficiency and/or maximum output. (I'm thinking about Fallout Shelter a bit :blink:)

I'm not 100% sure how you could push a power source too hard, maybe overheating?

I'm not a fan, I already find getting into orbit tedious, having to micro-manage random event problems in colonies would discourage me from creating them. Imagine if you build a colony on every world, there could be 100 or more in KSP2. No thanks lol

6 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Lore wise I think it would be fair to assume that engineers will be living on the colonies fixing these problems automatically anyways

Exactly this^^

Assuming that problems and general maintenance issues occur and get fixed all the time by those nameless, but nevertherless essential, background staff to the point that gameplay can just ignore it makes perfect sense.