What will you name your first interstellar colony ship?

Nirgal

1 hour ago, Nirgal said:

For me, Aurora.

The name comes from the novel of the same name, written by Kim Stanley Robinson. It's about a generation ship sent to Tau Ceti. Highly recommend it.

What will you name your first interstellar ship, and why? 

For me: [Insert planet name here] Or bust!

That will certainly be it's nickname :)

The Arcadian

8 hours ago, Nirgal said:

For me, Aurora.

The name comes from the novel of the same name, written by Kim Stanley Robinson. It's about a generation ship sent to Tau Ceti. Highly recommend it.

What will you name your first interstellar ship, and why? 

Hopefully no Subnautica Luck

No Hope of Reaching Orbit. No specific orbit - It may not even reach LKO, and even if it does, I doubt I will get stuff to any other planet's orbit. (I'm a atmospheric player, ok - I use BD Armoury and have fun deliberatley blowing stuff up. I just don't have time to get stuff to orbit with my free time.)

Otherwise maybe it might be Argo.

7 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Have you read the new Andy Weir book yet? (guy who wrote Martian)

Artemis? Not yet, should I? ;)

13 hours ago, Atomic Engineer said:

The Arcadian

Hopefully no Subnautica Luck

I don't want to spoil it ;)

18 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

I’ve had this planned for so long, Athena. I have already named every ship of my fictional nation and space agency of banshee Aerospace. My other favorite is the BSD Andromeda 

Exactly, I've been thinking about naming my ships and space program for ages. This is the longest process of starting a new game for me, so I'm glad we can 'start' now.

Titanic, unless it has an good chance of exploding, if so Hood. Test 5 is also an good name for scaring Kerbals :mad:
More realistic I stick with my naming conversion with "destination" express.
I always has an Kerbin SOI passenger ship maned Minmus express who goes LKO, Mun orbit or landing, then Minmus base landing and refuel, then usually out out of Kerbin SOI for leveling kerbals then aerobrake into LKO. Repeat. 
However in some of  my pulse nuclear game I named the orion class capital ships epic names like Vanguard or Voyager,
But this was ships who went to various planets depending on who was closest 
For another game with LV-N I simply renamed ships except Jool express who was so large because the size of the Jool system colony.