Show and Tell - Tutorial Shader Test

StarSlay3r

13 minutes ago, Wubslin said:

Very interesting!

h5blkHZ.png

Interesting to see the small tweaks that have been done to the flight UI. Looks like the SAS target indicator has been flattened from a 3D shuttle-datum-thing into a simple two dimensional needle. Makes sense to me. Also noted that the devs have abandoned the seven segment display motif. That's a shame, because that was finally starting to grow on me after all. Good to see the roll indicators and semi-transparent backing are still there though.

This flight HUD is entirely deprecated and an all-new one is already underway. As always, a lot of systems are being developed in parallel, and they don't all come online at the same time. I feel really good about the direction the HUD is headed, and it's influenced in many ways by community feedback around the previous version. 

2 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

This flight HUD is entirely deprecated and an all-new one is already underway. As always, a lot of systems are being developed in parallel, and they don't all come online at the same time. I feel really good about the direction the HUD is headed, and it's influenced in many ways by community feedback around the previous version. 

I think the best part of this UI is how the Atmosphere indicator is not shaded in a linear way, but with higher parts of the atmosphere encompasing more length of the indicator. Makes me smile each time I see it.

3 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Really? This isn't the final product? 

HHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Aw man, I was actually in love with the new navball arrangement you guys had set up. I even play KSP 1 with my navball scooched all the way to the left next to my orbital info window, though I do seem to be in the minority on liking it that way. The navball is at least staying on the left side of the screen, right?  I'm looking forward to hearing about whatever changes have been made.

At last some gameplay (even if the UI is depreciated)!

This shader has me curious... Will there be a dedicated "simulation" option to test vehicle designs as opposed to the old fashioned throw it out and revert if it fails approach?

46 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

That there next to the the maneuver doohicky, Target, Anti-target, and... ?

Quantum target. It's when you're pointed towards the target and the anti-target at the same time. Killing the nyan-cat will disolve the quantum state.

15 minutes ago, Zaffre said:

At last some gameplay (even if the UI is depreciated)!

This shader has me curious... Will there be a dedicated "simulation" option to test vehicle designs as opposed to the old fashioned throw it out and revert if it fails approach?

Yup, it's part of the tutorials. :D

40 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Well I hope we get to see the newer version soon. :)

24 minutes ago, Zaffre said:

It be an interesting change in dynamic, and would certainly ratchet up the stakes on 'real' landings. I think most players would still want reverts though. Its just too frustrating to fly something all the way to Vall only to RUD cause you fat fingered the throttle. 

46 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Thanks for the update (video as well as the HUD explanation).

I feel a bit dumb now posting a video in which I negatively remark that we haven't seen any real gameplay since the announcement 2 years ago. Here's to hoping there will be more soon ;)

7F8UVqn.png

Really liking the new launchpad and can't wait to see the updated UI. Looking at the timewarp indicator, will we have beyond 4x physical timewarp or does the amount of arrows stay static? Also, what happens with the 2 altimeters once the craft is in space?  Will we always have 2 of them or will one hide way?

EDIT: I'm dumb and didn't notice "m/s"

Edited by mcwaffles2003

1 minute ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Also, what happens with the 2 altimeters once the craft is in space?  Will we always have 2 of them or will one hide way?

If you're referring to the two readouts in the bottom left, I think the top one is actually a velocity display, while the other one is an altimeter switchable between ground and sea level.

12 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

Thanks for the update (video as well as the HUD explanation).

I feel a bit dumb now posting a video in which I negatively remark that we haven't seen any real gameplay since the announcement 2 years ago. Here's to hoping there will be more soon ;)

I didn't think it was that negative

1 hour ago, Wagoogusenjoyer said:

HECK TO THE HECKIN YES BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS ON THIS MOST GLORIOUS DAY

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.