Show and Tell - Tutorial Shader Test

StarSlay3r

1 hour ago, KSPStar said:

In KSP2, players learn basic flight concepts in a virtual simulator that can be accessed anytime the game is paused.

I hope the game will feature some sort of Aerodynamics simulation/testing as well as gravity/atmospheric simulation in the VAB so that we test our vehicles before committing to sending them!

The simulation for certain planets can only be unlocked once you collect enough data about it. That'd be amazing!

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
2 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

Thanks for the update (video as well as the HUD explanation).

I feel a bit dumb now posting a video in which I negatively remark that we haven't seen any real gameplay since the announcement 2 years ago. Here's to hoping there will be more soon ;)

Why you gotta hit the bell in order to get the videos to up to date (might be suggesting to people to sub to shadowzone)

Edited by The Doodling Astronaut
Changed the phrase to make it sound more what it meant

2 hours ago, Wubslin said:

Aw man, I was actually in love with the new navball arrangement you guys had set up. I even play KSP 1 with my navball scooched all the way to the left next to my orbital info window, though I do seem to be in the minority on liking it that way. The navball is at least staying on the left side of the screen, right?  I'm looking forward to hearing about whatever changes have been made.

Navball is staying at lower left corner for people who want it there, but we're making sure that a navball-center variant also looks and feels good.

2 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

Thanks for the update (video as well as the HUD explanation).

I feel a bit dumb now posting a video in which I negatively remark that we haven't seen any real gameplay since the announcement 2 years ago. Here's to hoping there will be more soon ;)

Your video's great! I'm looking forward to the day (not too long from now) when we get to let the footage do the talking for us. :)

1 hour ago, Hyperspace Industries said:
1 hour ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Does this mean that... we're getting launch towers as well?

As far as I know, it's integrated into the launchpad, think less modular launch pads, more kerbal konstructs. :D

I just hope the KSC is as customisable as the colonies... @Nate Simpson? For bigger vehicles I want to be able to expand the pad and remove the tower - it was semi-removed from KSP 1 for a reason :)

Just wondering @Nate Simpson, will there be a mouse-over text option for UI elements? because while old players may know what each thing means, newer players would likely not see the atmosphere gauge for instance, and having it being identified if you hover over the UI would be nice. Also, I'm with 1 other person in thinking that altitude should be more easily visible, with its own spot on the screen. 

Give us a cheeky release date will you boss?

Please not 16 more months.. please not 16 more months..

This looks amazing, I agree with the idea of having a 'simulation' type of flight, where we can alter the atmosphere, gravity etc. based on discovered information of planets.

Edited by Nirgal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.