MFo77qc.jpeg

Excuse the horrible drawing, it's hard to draw with a mouse. :D 

First off section 1:

Spoiler

From top to bottom it goes:

Vab/sph switcher

Undo

Redo

Unidentified (not symmetry) (may be mirror/radial switch, thanks to @The Azizfor noticing that)

Symmetry (currently on 6 way)

Place

Move

Probably rotate

Probably root part switch

Here is the interesting (new) part of section 1:

Spoiler

Thrust overlay

Centre of mass overlay

Aerodynamic overlay: They said there will be drag and lift effects showed, So I would expect something that shows your lift, how fast you need to go, and other things.

(The best bit :D) Radiation overlay: The new engines emit a preposterous amount of radiation, and you need to shield against it, here is my (terrible) artists rendition of it:

M954RRY.jpeg

This is my rendition of it if the bottom engine is a radiation source. (Yes, I know it's metallic hydrogen, This is just an example)

Section 2 left to right:

Spoiler

Launch checklist: reminds you to put things on your ship: in this case: probably electricity generators.

Staging

Paint

Engineers report

Something to do with payload

Unknown toggle (my theory: blueprint mode toggle)

Trip planner: Most likely a combination of a delta-v map, a launch window indicator, and maybe even a testing simulator.

Section 3:

Spoiler

First off, there is now (at least I think) a favorite parts category (the star), a dedicated trash bin (something I was confused with when I started Ksp1, how to delete parts), The mk1 cockpit has been redesigned, the mk1 observation cockpit has been elongated, the mk1 lander can has been heavily altered, and some minor changes to the cupola.

4:

Spoiler

Not much, but we have different icons for linear and radial decouplers, and there are some unidentified staging events at the bottom

5, from left to right:

Spoiler

Open

Choose folder

Save

Name of the ship

Sorry if I bored you. If you think I got anything wrong, put it below. :D 

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
The Aziz's idea

Agree with you on the radiation overlay. No more mounting LV-N on the side of an hitchhiker module :) 

Also 2XL command modules :cool:  Large is both 2.5 meter and MK2, this makes it very reasonable that XL is 3.75 meter and MK3, the shuttle cockpit is the only XL command module. 
Finally fitting bridges for large ships. 

I bet the 4 options beneath the symmetry selector will be 

1. Select

2. Transform (move and rotate tools combined)

3. Root change

4. Launch subassembly

That last one is new since you’ll be able to build on multiple assemblies within the same craft file, so this tool will let you select which of those actually gets sent to the launchpad.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 5:03 AM, magnemoe said:

Also 2XL command modules :cool:  Large is both 2.5 meter and MK2, this makes it very reasonable that XL is 3.75 meter and MK3, the shuttle cockpit is the only XL command module. 
Finally fitting bridges for large ships. 

ksp2_10.jpg

Like this one! There's no real scale here, but that bridge at the front has to be AT LEAST a 3.75 meter part.

3 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

ksp2_10.jpg

Like this one! There's no real scale here, but that bridge at the front has to be AT LEAST a 3.75 meter part.

That's not a good picture to infer scale from. If you use this one, you can better guesstimate the size of things.

C8FocT0.jpeg

Edited by shdwlrd
adding better link for imgur

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

That's not a good picture to infer scale from. If you use this one, you can better guesstimate the size of things.

Fair. I think I was going off of the rotating rings; there's a shot in the trailer (that I can't figure out how to attach, but it's at 1:36) that shows a ring pretty similar to that with a 2.5 meter center, which would suggest the parts in front of it go from 2.5 meters to 3.75 meters, then back to 2.5 at the tip.

Then again, I don't know how much trailer footage will help/hurt my case.

1 hour ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Fair. I think I was going off of the rotating rings; there's a shot in the trailer (that I can't figure out how to attach, but it's at 1:36) that shows a ring pretty similar to that with a 2.5 meter center, which would suggest the parts in front of it go from 2.5 meters to 3.75 meters, then back to 2.5 at the tip.

Then again, I don't know how much trailer footage will help/hurt my case.

It's the best we have to go on right now. When I estimated the size of the craft in that shot awhile back. (It's huge by the way. Around 800m long and about 200-300m wide.) I used the 2 space planes on the front for reference. I estimated the length at about 40m and the height about 3m. So the command pod should be about 5m. (A bit of trivia, the rings, spherical tanks, containers, and spine are very reminiscent of the FFT mod by Roverdude. If that will give you the scale of things.)

• 2 weeks later...