Changes to Your Kerbal Account [Discussion Thread]

StarSlay3r

On 9/3/2021 at 4:08 AM, cfds said:

It's funny that buying a game directly at the developer and making sure that they do not have to provide a cut to an intermediate is punished at every corner: No discounts on DLCs like ever, and now being forced to create a new account with a company one has no interest of doing business with. Makes me really regret having supported SQUAD in the beginning.

Another funny thing, running a website and providing free bandwidth to download files, plus paying someone to develop, maintain, and support that web site costs money which makes Steam an attractive option for developers. It's not like someone from Valve came down to Squad headquarters and threatened them with "it'd sure be a shame if your kneecaps were knocked out and hit your server" or anything.

If you buy directly from a farmer you give them more money than they get selling to a grocery chain. You also have to go out of your way, rarely get a discount (except at end of season when they'll throw the stuff out anyway) and they have to put a bunch of work into selling to you. It's why grocery stores exist, and Steam is no different.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble buying from the new store?  I was going to buy one or both of the DLCs, but every time I tried it failed with a message saying "Your payment has been cancelled".

Looking at the above comments, I think I'll just wait until there's a sale if KSP2 comes out...

8 hours ago, S4qFBxkFFg said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying from the new store?  I was going to buy one or both of the DLCs, but every time I tried it failed with a message saying "Your payment has been cancelled".

Looking at the above comments, I think I'll just wait until there's a sale if KSP2 comes out...

Please contact support with your details. I hope they can help. 

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Please contact support with your details. I hope they can help. 

I did: they replied saying it's Xsolla (who handle payments) who need to fix something here.  I'm going to leave it for now; if I have to spend time and effort getting a company to take my money, it's probably a bad idea.

9 hours ago, S4qFBxkFFg said:

I did: they replied saying it's Xsolla (who handle payments) who need to fix something here.  I'm going to leave it for now; if I have to spend time and effort getting a company to take my money, it's probably a bad idea.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. :( 

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just got notified about this account change and can't say I'm a fan of it. And I can't help but wonder if the game is still DRM free when downloaded from private division. In my experience big companies aren't very keen on offering anything DRM free. (and what about the linux version?) And what happens if we don't confirm our accounts after Oct. 17? Can't find that mentioned anywhere.