Antarro Launch System. Stock end-to-end reusability. Crane, Aerial Lift, 30tForktruck, Splashdown Barge, Tank Farm, and more!

ElonsMusk

Download the whole set from Matsuma's KerbalX Hangar (all 8 crafts), or individually below.

Demonstration of a crew capsule instead of payload.

Crawling Bridge Gantry Crane stands almost 90meters, can handle 100t, and can be stripped apart for different applications, as it itself is a reiteration of EJ_SA's gantry concept. It crawls along the 500m crawlerway for operations.

A98jrR4.png

Antarro Model S[tock] Block VII - the current Flagship. The Fairing Plate is the only expendable piece in the whole system, costing around $2400 per launch. Important to note that the grip pads shown below the struts (below right) AS to upperstage tanks as it's simply a Jr. holding the payload fairing. The struts then attach to your payload.

bwO1XVI.pngQGICf5P.png

Aerial Lift Truck is a very generalized cherry-picker style vehicle. Designed for packing chutes on Antarro Upperstages. Comes shelled (214 parts) or unshelled (104 parts) Whatever colour you want, just change the 'solidCOLOR.png' flag.

LR4pp6z.gif

Forktruck is a proprietary design for Antarro Upperstages, but is overengineered to serve any general lifting purpose up to ~32tons.

KXA7SRP.png

Recovery Barge can launch from the runway or cove, and collect splashed-down capsules or upperstages.

XR4oNrY.png

Antarro Recovery Trailer is a quite simple Tractor-Trailer with configurations for towing Antarro Upperstages. Remove these configurations and it's a great little flatbed trailer.

Q0X8Zew.png

SUPERTANKER 50m/s top speed, powered steering, ISRU supertanker for refuelling, well, whatever. Future variant (current in mission save) drops ISRU for simple fuel moving from Refinery -> Pad

↓ New demo video ↓

Tank Farm featured in video. Truthfully I use a modded tank farm to save many many parts, but I whipped this up for demonstration and it mostly avoided kraken strikes so there it is.

No images at present; currently a very different vehicle in use, see KerbalX for imagery.

I'd love to answer questions on how I got the measurements or why I even built such things etc I'm an open book but don't want to post a novella.

I learned basic Blender video editing to share a demonstration. A crane-specific guide video is in the works, but this video took me three days, lol. Lost tracks months ago on how much time went into working out kinks in the pieces. They all work reliably with repeatability if you follow safe docking protocols. Snap-dock is a real concern in reusability. I've reused a booster 12 times in one case before I just wanted it to be fresh again.

Edited by ElonsMusk

Mock-up of a Runway Crawler is complete. It worked way better than I expected. I'd like to build out SSTO options for Pilots so I've used the 90s to create a shorter, fatter crawling gantry crane that rides the runway. It'll have less lifting capacity (likely 50-60t) but double the gantry reach and more than 10 times the workspace on the runway compared to CrawlerwayLv3. It's vulnerable to kraken strikes until I strut it all up 45/90 neat and tidy and the angle on the tread is off by ~2.5° but it looks promising.

keGP1Oq.png

Edited by ElonsMusk
add image

• 1 month later...

New update to the Crawler Crane

There are now Leg Posts that drop down and lock into place at the very bottom of the vessel. This makes a solid, locked, autostrutted bottom to the crane. Before, the wheels were the bottom, which only have a collider at the top. Thus, the bottom of the vessel was the beam attached to the boosters, a huge oversight. When the physics settle during docking, the vessel is always sitting on the ground and locked, preventing Kraken strikes. Simply play the new Leg Post KAL controller on the control panel up top to deploy the legs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.