What do you think about Inspiration 4?

Pawelk198604

15 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

My C-130 pilot friend certainly tells me that I'm not a pilot because I rode in and jumped out of his plane a few times.

And yet we both have wings.

To be fair, you couldn't be bothered to take the entire flight and got off halfway.

As for the paying customers deserving wings, I don't really give a damn about the professionals, either.  They're all a pain in the ass.  Let them decorate their shirts with whatever they want.

Edited by razark

11 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello,

• The preparation of Inspiration4, is being awesome.
  • The launch will be in 5 days (15 September 2021), if weather collaborate this time.
  • There is a new TV Series about Inspiration4 with all crew and family, explaining the crew selection and also with Elon Musk interviews on netflix, for those that can watch I recommend!
  • The Idea is to inspire that every body, and not only an astronaut can go to space.

NOTE:

No they will not get the wings, after the journey, they will not be Astronauts.

Cheers!

(update with more details)

Hello,

• The preparation of Inspiration4, is being awesome.
  • The launch will be in 4 days (15 September 2021), if weather collaborate this time.
  • There is a new TV Series about Inspiration4 with all crew and family, explaining the crew selection and also with Elon Musk interviews on netflix, for those that can watch I recommend!
  • The Idea is to inspire that every body, and not only an astronaut can go to space.

The Inspiration4 name:

Inspiration=Because the big goal of the mission (first civilian orbital flight) is to inspire people.
Nº4 because, There will be a crew of 4 in the Mission.
Nº4 because, It's the 4th crew mission after Space Shuttle

• Jared have a tone of flight experience, will be the Leader of the mission.
  • But all the others will represent all the good among the common civil population.

ky5IZOH.png

• A typical NASA Insertion Orbit is 200Km, ISS is at 408 km orbit,  but Inspiration4 will go to a AP of 575km:

bjRplPM.png

NOTE:

No they will not get the wings, after the journey, they will not be Astronauts.

But they might earn the, official commercial astronaut wings with the FAA.

Cheers!

Edited by pmborg

14 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Inspiration 4 Inspiration 5.

No, is not like that, you never had an Inspiration 1, the official reasons are the ones that I enumerated in my post above.

Edited by pmborg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.