KSP 1.12.3 not loading

1.12.3 isn't released yet to my knowledge, so I reckon you're using 1.12.2. You're also posting in the modded support area so I'm going to assume you're using mods.

A few things could be causing the game to not load, but to get a definitive answer we'll need some more information:

• PC specs- CPU, GPU (if you have one) and RAM are the most important. Running too many mods will eat up your RAM and can cause the game (and indeed your entire PC) to grind to a halt; CPU affects in-game performance more than loading but since KSP is bottlenecked by processor speed it can make a big difference.
  • A list of mods that you're using- you can get this easily via CKAN if you used that to install your mods, or alternatively screenshots of your GameData folder are usually enough to get most of them.
  • Log files. There are two main log files for KSP- one is KSP.log, found inside the KSP root folder, which is less detailed, and the other is Player.log which is buried deep in a folder tree inside a hidden folder and is harder to find, but has more information in it. Here's how to get the logs and what to do with them once you have them: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/ Please don't paste the logs directly into the forums, it's really hard to read even on a PC, let alone a tablet or mobile.

It's unusual for the game to stop loading on a stock part, which might indicate that your installation of KSP has been corrupted in some way- reinstalling the game, or verifying the files through Steam if that's where you got KSP, could fix the problem. Just remember to back up your save games first, copy+pasting the folders inside KSP/saves to the desktop will do.

From my experience the thing listed on the screen is the last thing that loaded correctly, so likely the problem is in the NEXT thing that loaded (or failed to load).

As @jimmymcgoochie suggested, log files are the only way to know what is wrong.

Edited by Superfluous J

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.