How to edit my quicksave file to restore my glitched MIA crew?

My game glitched while timewarping and two of my on-mission Kerbals somehow got marked as MIA. I'm trying to bring them back via save file editing (marking them as "Assigned" rather than "Missing" in the roster, and correcting the mission's crew count to 3) but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there anything else I can do? The mission is kinda screwed without them. :/

Edited by Mitchz95

19 minutes ago, Mitchz95 said:

All I see are "persistent" and "quicksave".

I mean in the folder \Kerbal Space Program\saves\"CAREER NAME"\Backup
The backup folder contains some backups named "persistent" and "quicksave" but also names you entered sometimes.
Looking at their date creation or their name you should find the one before the glitch.

Edited by antipro

17 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:
  1. Cheat the pod to beside the existing mission, transfer them over via EVA.

How do I do this?

6 hours ago, antipro said:

I mean in the folder \Kerbal Space Program\saves\"CAREER NAME"\Backup
The backup folder contains some backups named "persistent" and "quicksave" but also names you entered sometimes.
Looking at their date creation or their name you should find the one before the glitch.

There are five quicksave files, all of them from after the glitch. No persistents.

When you change the kerbals to "Assigned" in the roster, you also have to go to the flightstate, your vessel, and then the part where they should be in. You need to have one enty "crew = Jebediah Kerman" and a separate additional "crew = Bill Kerman" for each one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.