Perhaps release a small demo of the game in the months leading up to release (or perhaps on the current release deadline if the game is to be delayed again). I guess the purpose of the demo would be similar to that of the original ksp's demo which was to give a basic understanding of the game's mechanics using a limited set of parts and celestial bodies. In the case of ksp 2's demo, it would have a similar function to the old demo, but with the addition of showing off some of the newer mechanics, graphics, etc. in a similar limited experience.

P.s. Another suggestion that I didn't feel worth another post; release a proper gameplay video, similar to the style of "First hour of" where instead of showing a bunch of 5-10 second clips of fancy camera angles, make a video showing a few missions from career mode, such as from starting the career mode to first mun landing.

Career mode will not exist in KSP 2. Rather, adventure mode will take its place. As you achieve milestones in adventure mode, new parts and paths are opened on the tech tree. 

Also, a demo should ABSOLUTELY be released, especially on consoles. We need to be able to have the game running on our machines.

9 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Career mode will not exist in KSP 2. Rather, adventure mode will take its place. As you achieve milestones in adventure mode, new parts and paths are opened on the tech tree. 

Isn't this still speculation?

I thought we just know Adventure Mode will take the place of science and career mode. I don't recall any discussion giving many more details. As far as I remember we don't know if how the games tech tree will work nor know how finances will work or if they are even still in the game at all.

I really hope that's not how tech tree advancement works though or else that would mean so far we're throwing out the need/use for science experiments without a replacement.

2 hours ago, jastrone said:

looking at the latest show and tell it seems like the main gameplay is done and a demo would probably be possible right now

We saw a ship on the launchpad explode... that is nowhere near demonstrating the gameplay is near complete.

5 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Isn't this still speculation?

I thought we just know Adventure Mode will take the place of science and career mode. I don't recall any discussion giving many more details. As far as I remember we don't know if how the games tech tree will work nor know how finances will work or if they are even still in the game at all.

I really hope that's not how tech tree advancement works though or else that would mean so far we're throwing out the need/use for science experiments without a replacement.

We saw a ship on the launchpad explode... that is nowhere near demonstrating the gameplay is near complete.

Avout the tech tree, pretty sure nate said it recently.

22 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

we saw staging working. we have seen thrust, we have seen building in the vab, the only things we havent seen for basic gameplay is the map view

8 minutes ago, jastrone said:

we saw staging working. we have seen thrust, we have seen building in the vab, the only things we havent seen for basic gameplay is the map view

We haven't even seen a functional rocket fly... and looking at the shader test it seems they still haven't solved the noodle rocket problem yet seeing as adjacent tanks still exhibit considerable amounts of twisting:

7bFpcjn.jpg

Notice how much the vertical lines on the tanks separate. 

It's not playable yet, it's not like the devs are just finalizing artwork...

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

We haven't even seen a functional rocket fly.

we have seen a few. the one in the clouds video. on of the early gameplay videos. and also that is one of te most simple things to make. and in the video showcasing shaders we do see that the rocket lifts of the ground thus being functional.

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

they still haven't solved the noodle rocket problem yet seeing as adjacent tanks still exhibit considerable amounts of twisting:

a bit but that is probably just for show just change the stiffnes variable. also itsn not that much the thing is you see they are rotated in the beggining