• 1 year later...

I'm surprised there are no replies to this thread. I second the request for linux support to be more of a priority. KSP has a higher than average linux user base. Also I read that indy devs say linux users submit more complete and detailed bug reports.

1 minute ago, dazoe said:

I'm surprised there are no replies to this thread. I second the request for linux support to be more of a priority. KSP has a higher than average linux user base. Also I read that indy devs say linux users submit more complete and detailed bug reports.

It has been discussed elsewhere in the forums, generally ppl say use Wine along with another wedge I can't recall the name of.  Proton maybe, probably?

There is an official statement from Intercept stating that Linux/Mac support is on their extended roadmap.  As a Linux gamer myself, I'm hoping there's a native (not Wine/Proton) version eventually.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:03 AM, Intercept Games said:

Will Mac or Linux versions come out in Early Access?

These versions are part of our extended roadmap. We’ll share more information at a later date. 

1 hour ago, www2 said:

I hope that there is a native version on day one.

Nope. Windoze only, sorry.

23 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

There is an official statement from Intercept stating that Linux/Mac support is on their extended roadmap.  As a Linux gamer myself, I'm hoping there's a native (not Wine/Proton) version eventually.

There were an official statement saying the game would be launched on 2020. :)

This is one of the points on KSP2 in which I'm terribly pessimistic. Multiplatform support is something that should be worked on since the very first commit of a project. As much Unity tries to abstract things, abstractions leak, and they leak a lot - to a point that most development teams give up after a certain point of development time.

As a proof os concept, take the Client Apps for Steam, Epic and GoG. Only GoG really works fine natively on MacOS - all the others need a loopback filesystem with the case sensitive filenames turned off. A pain in the back, I tell you - and this is only one of the problems to cope with.

I hope,  but I don't expect, a native Linux and/or MacOS for KSP2. Ever.

Edited by Lisias
tyops! Who would thought of that? :P

From my little experience on the subject, the majority of games I played that provided GNU/Linux support weren't supporting it on day 1. It came a bit after the first release. There are exceptions, like (if I'm not mistaken) Starbound, which was playable on GNU/Linux on day one. But a lot of games I played on Linux were at the beginning Windows only, however brief it was.

I sure hope it'll get Linux support ASAP