Getting to Mimnus is still a pain.

You put alarm icons where they are not needed and yet you still haven't implemented a warp to start or end of SOI travel line.

Come on guys get yer finger out!

D.

Also when travelling to Mimnus and you try to reach the end of the SOI by clicking on the end nearest Mimnus, The whole line goes blue and turns into an orbit line, Like your ship might sail past Mimnus altogether and start going back to Kerbin. Looks really tacky.

D.

Edited by Daveroski

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 12:41 AM, mikegarrison said:

It's been a long time since I tried to get to Minmus without MechJeb, but then again I don't really understand why anybody would play without MechJeb. Anyway, it's super-easy when you have fine control over your maneuver nodes.

*Angry Monke Noises*

On 9/14/2021 at 7:41 AM, mikegarrison said:

It's been a long time since I tried to get to Minmus without MechJeb, but then again I don't really understand why anybody would play without MechJeb. Anyway, it's super-easy when you have fine control over your maneuver nodes.

Well, actually, I still think, that MechJeb is pure cheating :). It tends to not learn anything about orbital mechanics. If you have basic skills with coding, kOS is here.

Want go to Minmus from low equatorial orbit? OK,  if you have 220 m/s free to spend, you can match your inclination with Minmus's and perform maneuver, even in first orbit. Don't have these 220 m/s? Create forward only maneuver in AN or DN reaching Minmus orbit. Then just set maneuver time to next and next and next orbit, until you get encounter. Timewarp to node and perform it. It is easier get to Minmus, land and get back than to Mun, in terms of delta-V.

5 hours ago, dci said:

Well, actually, I still think, that MechJeb is pure cheating :).

We'll nip this argument in the bud right now.   We're not getting into this discussion again.   It's a single player game, there is no such thing as cheating.   So let's consider that aspect of the discussion closed.

Now, taking off the moderator hat and putting the player hat back on. 

But I do myself use MJ quite extensively, but because I have done everything by hand. 

When I manually go to minmus, I try to launch into the same plane as the moon, and then once reaching orbit, I'll adjust the plane again, cause getting that ascent path correct flying by hand is tough, but it saves a lot of dV heading in the right direction to start with.    I'll then Hohmann over to Minmus, and make smaller adjustments on the way. 

9 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

When I manually go to minmus, I try to launch into the same plane as the moon, and then once reaching orbit, I'll adjust the plane again, cause getting that ascent path correct flying by hand is tough, but it saves a lot of dV heading in the right direction to start with.    I'll then Hohmann over to Minmus, and make smaller adjustments on the way. 

Yep, that's exactly what I do!

Not the stock manuver thingy

Yes, there is "knowing how to do it" and then there is pointless grinding. It actually is educational to go to map mode, get into the plane of minmus, timewarp until KSC is in the right location, and then launch into Minmus's plane (or close to it, anyway). It is educational to figure out for yourself how to pick the right spot in your orbit to make your burn for the transfer. Etc.

But you know, once you have done that 10 or 20 times, you don't have anything left to prove to yourself about doing it.

Anyway, the OP seems to have been substantially edited from what it said when I first replied. It's almost more of a completely different complaint, really.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.