Paying ?

over 360

Welcome to the forum @over 360, a translation has been added to you post and title because all posts, outside of the international sub forums, require an English translation. This is because not all browsers and devices support automatic translation. We encourage you to use a service like google translate if you wish to post in the general forum.

2 hours ago, over 360 said:

will people who have already paid for the game have to pay for it again?

Nobody already paid for the game, they aren't selling it yet.

6 minutes ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

I think he/she was talking about people who already paid KSP1

I know, but since the dawn of videogames a sequel is not an update (except for sport games, but those suck by default) so the default state to give for granted is that if a new, different, studio comes up with a sequel a decade after the original game you have to expect to have to pay for it.

So the answer to OP question is no, nobody will have to pay 2 times for either KSP1 or KSP2, they only have to pay once each if they want both.

Il y a 4 heures, Master39 a dit :

Je sais, mais depuis l’aube des jeux vidéo, une suite n’est pas une mise à jour (sauf pour les jeux de sport, mais ceux-ci sont nuls par défaut), donc l’état par défaut à donner pour acquis est que si un nouveau studio différent propose une suite une décennie après le jeu original, vous devez vous attendre à devoir payer pour cela.

Donc, la réponse à la question OP est non, personne n’aura à payer 2 fois pour KSP1 ou KSP2, ils n’ont à payer qu’une fois chacun s’ils veulent les deux.

merci

7 hours ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

Je pense qu’il parlait de personnes qui payaient déjà KSP1

oui

merci pour vos reponse

Yes

thank you for your answers

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the International subforums.

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
14 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

ksp2 is a separate game, so i imagine most users will have to pay for it again.

I'll quickly jump in and say that no matter how early/late you got KSP 1. You HAVE TO PAY for KSP 2 FULL PRICE.

9 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I'll quickly jump in and say that no matter how early/late you got KSP 1. You HAVE TO PAY for KSP 2 FULL PRICE.

Why wouldn't we have to pay for a totally new game with totally new game features produced by a totally different production studio? 

I can't imagine a scenario where you buy one product new and you keep getting newer versions of it for the rest of your life. It doesn't work for cars, computers (hello, Dell, about my free upgrade! :P) or cell phones. In fact, most gaming studios would have made us pay for multiple DLCs to get all the new parts we were given free between 1.0 to 1.12. @SQUAD has gone above and beyond what I could have ever asked for or thought any production company would offer.

I'll gladly pay full price for KSP2.

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

And I'll point out that "most users" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with buying ksp1.

There will be some people who get the game for free because they're big streamers, or get a code from a big streamer, or know Nate and ask him nicely or who knows what.

New game, new development studio, no way in heck is anyone getting a discount.

Of course that's just my overly-cynical self talking, we might get a discount (it's not impossible) but I think it's very highly unlikely.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I already bought KSP two times before, (once from Squad and once on Steam because Steam handles updates better, and I liked the game so much that I wanted to support the creators of it more).

Edited by SciMan

Man, I wish there were no limits on likes....

17 minutes ago, SciMan said:

New game, new development studio, no way in heck is anyone getting a discount.

Of course that's just my overly-cynical self talking, we might get a discount (it's not impossible) but I think it's very highly unlikely.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I already bought KSP two times before, (once from Squad and once on Steam because Steam handles updates better, and I liked the game so much that I wanted to support the creators of it more).

On 9/16/2021 at 4:57 AM, The Aziz said:

I'd even more gladly pay full price. Why shouldn't anyone support their friends?

On 9/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, Superfluous J said:

And I'll point out that "most users" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with buying ksp1.

There will be some people who get the game for free because they're big streamers, or get a code from a big streamer, or know Nate and ask him nicely or who knows what.

Oh yeah, and if you have problems paying for KSP 2 on your own and you still live with your parents, you could always try explaining to them that it gives you "hands-on" learning about rocket science and astrophysics, and I don't know of a (good) parent that would willingly prevent their child from learning things that could lead to a very high paying job (aerospace jobs are REALLY well paid).