Atmospheres without oxygen

I ________ this idea  

22 members have voted

1. 1. I ________ this idea

• Don't like
    • Don't care about

I feel like this would be a fun challenge. Every atmosphere in KSP allows jet engines to operate but what if some planets with atmospheres didn't allow this? 

It is already the case that jet engines will not operate in atmospheres without oxygen... Sorry, I'm stupid sometimes :)

Edited by mcwaffles2003

I never understood that aspect of the first game, whenever I landed  an SSTO on eve it blew my mind that it could still function and I hope they fix this in the new planets or even already existing planets. So yes, please add no oxygen atmospheres for the possibility of things like nuclear jet engines.

Edited by Awfulwaffle

Just now, Awfulwaffle said:

I never understood that aspect of the first game, whenever I landed  an SSTO on eve it blew my mind that it could still function and I hope they fix this in the new planets or even already existing planets. So yes, please at no oxygen atmospheres for the possibility of things like nuclear jet engines.

I thought about specifying not the Kerbol planets for continuity's sake but honestly I wouldn't mind if it changed. That said though, yeah, if nuclear jet engines get included they would still work since they don't rely on oxygen anyway

5 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

It would be helpful to be able to use oxidizer for jet engines. At that point it wouldn't matter much if there is O2 in the atmosphere. Of course, there would need to be enough atmosphere to be effective.

That's what the rapier does already though, right?

57 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

That's what the rapier does already though, right?

The rapier is a rocket motor and jet engine in one. (Neither stage is really efficient anyway) What I'm thinking is using a standard turbine engine setup to use an oxidizer to allow combustion of regular jet fuel in an non oxygen rich atmosphere. 

Basically creating an oxygen rich area in the within the combustion area of the turbine.