Looking for someone to make a simple image larger

linuxgurugamer

Specifically, this image is currently 380x380.  I would like to get it make larger (not just resized) to be a full 1920x1080.

I am thinking of using this as an offline background for my Twitch screen, and possibly for my startup screen as well.

If anyone would take up the challenge, I'd appreciate it.

My thought were that towards the back of the room (BTW, that picture hanging on the wall at the top right is angled wrong) there would be a wall with either a shelf or a low cabinet with some models on it, kerbalized of course.

Anyone interested?

49322392_Forumlinuxgurugamer.png.e8e3f3c

Linuxgurugamer

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Specifically, this image is currently 380x380.  I would like to get it make larger (not just resized) to be a full 1920x1080.

I am thinking of using this as an offline background for my Twitch screen, and possibly for my startup screen as well.

If anyone would take up the challenge, I'd appreciate it.

My thought were that towards the back of the room (BTW, that picture hanging on the wall at the top right is angled wrong) there would be a wall with either a shelf or a low cabinet with some models on it, kerbalized of course.

Anyone interested?

*snip*

Linuxgurugamer

I take it you want to keep the same aspect ratio?

5 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I take it you want to keep the same aspect ratio?

No, I was very specific in the post:  1920x1080

17 hours ago, BekfastDerp13 said:

ok this might work, someone else will have to add any extra shelves

No.  I could have done that myself.  I don’t want it stretched, I want it added to.  

18 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I like how that image includes the CKAN screen listing the literally hundreds of mods you maintain :wink:

I didn’t even realize that was there

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No.  I could have done that myself.  I don’t want it stretched, I want it added to.  

19 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Well I have no good photoshop skills, so I can't help. Find a simple artist? Also, you said in the page name: "Looking for someone to make a simple image larger"

Edited by BekfastDerp13

1 hour ago, flart said:

using the https://avatarmaker.com/ and some ksp wallpaper — png (or svg):

You couldn't have gotten closer to their request.

40 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Here is a start, can you fill it or if not can you send images of things that you would like cartoonish?vL9r1n4.png

Good start - don't use IKEA shelves again, though.

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

Good start - don't use IKEA shelves again, though.

This is a cartoonish picture. I fullfilled the first part of the brief on my own time to help out a nice guy. If you are a better artist feel free to to do a better job. Mine doesn't have to be the one used if there is something better.

Just now, ColdJ said:

This is a cartoonish picture.

Cartoons and cartoonish art usually aren't exempt from the rules of perspective. If I had the time, I'd begin by modelling the environment in 3D with an included shelf, then either render that shelf alone to use as a guide, or render it with flatshading and incorporate it into the scene.

3 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I fullfilled the first part of the brief on my own time to help out a nice guy. If you are a better artist feel free to to do a better job. Mine doesn't have to be the one used if there is something better.

I apologise if my comment rubbed you the wrong way - I thought a word of encouragement and a sarcastic remark would balance out well.

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I apologise if my comment rubbed you the wrong way - I thought a word of encouragement and a sarcastic remark would balance out well.

Sarcasm is never appreciated in this forum as it is a positive enviroment. This is by design a forced perspective 2d environment, not a 3d rendering. If you are looking for better but definitely not 3 dimensionally realistic images. Please look up the old games Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, and The Curse of Monkey Island as good examples. Cartoonish is by it's nature not super realistic, that is the joy of them.

14 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

DayOfTheTentacleReviewSpot3.jpg

Perspective is certainly weird here, but it works with the messy geometry and has its own rules, like how it slopes off close to the camera. It looks like it could work IRL with a very high FOV camera, except for the vent and the corridor.  Your example has a lot of straight lines that feel off with their environment. My goal here was to give some friendly criticism in a manner that isn't less exciting than a poorly trained robot, and I don't wish to be amidst an argument over a picture. Have a nice one.

@AtomicTech This is from "Day of the Tentacle" a classic point and click  DOS game from before Windows was a thing. Though I believe someone has remastered it so that can be played on Windows. There were many whimsical point and click games that used the art style and they were quite fun. This one also had time travel combined with some fun tongue in cheek humour.

@linuxgurugamer This the best I think I can do with correcting the photo on the wall. Hope this helps.

hRlHxN5.png

5 hours ago, BekfastDerp13 said:

Well I have no good photoshop skills, so I can't help. Find a simple artist? Also, you said in the page name: "Looking for someone to make a simple image larger"

Thank you for trying

5 hours ago, flart said:

using the https://avatarmaker.com/ and some ksp wallpaper — png (or svg):

3KAlYdF.png

Very  nice, I'll use this for one (or something)

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

@AtomicTech This is from "Day of the Tentacle" a classic point and click  DOS game from before Windows was a thing. Though I believe someone has remastered it so that can be played on Windows. There were many whimsical point and click games that used the art style and they were quite fun. This one also had time travel combined with some fun tongue in cheek humour.

@linuxgurugamer This the best I think I can do with correcting the photo on the wall. Hope this helps.

hRlHxN5.png

Really nice.  How about a KerbalX, a Saturn V and a lander?

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Really nice.  How about a KerbalX, a Saturn V and a lander?

Hi. You will need to tell me what a KerbalX is because I only know it as the craft share site. Saturn V rocket no worries. By lander do you mean the original that landed on the Moon in 69? If you could tell me where in the room you would like them to go or annotate the pic I gave you with a letter in each spot you would like the things to go, that would be helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.