Several target related questions

I often have trouble selecting one of a pair of objects which are close together in the orbital map.  This leads to several related questions.

1)  Is it possible to unset target without clicking on the orbital view of the object?

2)  Is it possible to switch which icon is "on top" when several objects (e.g. a capsule, a Kerbal and a derelict capsule) are very close together?

3)  Is it possible to "set target" without going into orbital view?

7 hours ago, dawfedora said:

1)  Is it possible to unset target without clicking on the orbital view of the object?

yes, by just double click on the vessel you want to set/unset as a target in normal view, as long as it is within 100km.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mf6yl2w3fzz4zvn/2021-09-16 07-30-56.mkv?dl=0

2)  Is it possible to switch which icon is "on top" when several objects (e.g. a capsule, a Kerbal and a derelict capsule) are very close together?

about to switch the "non-main" icon "on top", I'm not sure it is possible, anyway if they are of a different kind you can use the filter bar on top center,
in order to remove those icons you don't need or they cause problems like one is above the other.
in any way by fine move the mouse you should be able to select the vessel you want, even if they are very close.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i05u6ntvgq7zr1u/2021-09-16 07-43-23.mkv?dl=0

3)  Is it possible to "set target" without going into orbital view?

yes, this is pretty like the question n°1.

Edited by antipro

8 minutes ago, antipro said:

yes, by just double click on the vessel you want to set as a target in normal view.

The first question was about UNselecting a target.

You can UNselect any target by double clicking the vessel you currently control.

36 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

The first question was about UNselecting a target.

Edited 2 minutes ago by antipro - Posted 2 minutes ago
you answered just few seconds after I added the "unset" word, so probably you did not see it, anyway set or unset involves the same procedure: a mouse double click.

36 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

You can UNselect any target by double clicking the vessel you currently control.

ok, this is correct, but since the objects are close each other, there's no so much difference. is there?

Edited by antipro

1 hour ago, antipro said:

ok, this is correct, but since the objects are close each other, there's no so much difference. is there?

The question was about unselecting a target without going into orbital view. The method I mentioned works regardless if the target is visible or outside the 100km range. So it's useful to know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.