[NO LONGER UNDER DEVELOPMENT] MPE Revived

Interplanet Janet

4 hours ago, funnelton said:

so is a sub-moon of minmus out of the scope?

Also, here's an idea: one or two trojan asteroids that share the orbit of jool, so we can recreate Lucy!

Those trojans were within Exo's ideas. I think I might try to implement a few of them in the future, if she's not doing it already in her rekerjiggering of MPE.

Edited by Interplanet Janet

19 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Those trojans were within Exo's ideas. I think I might try to implement a few of them in the future, if she's not doing it already in her rekerjiggering of MPE.

Wait, is that what Exo is working on?! :o

Hoi there, I am one of the current maintainers of NH(there's a community edition with some additions (NHCE Github repo)) and I saw in your spacedock post that you're thinking of NH support. You don't need to worry about it. The Community edition supports the prerevived version and I will add support for new bodies. Sorry if this sounds confrontational.

Edited by Borv413

1 hour ago, Borv413 said:

Hoi there, I am one of the current maintainers of NH(there's a community edition with some additions (NHCE Github repo)) and I saw in your spacedock post that you're thinking of NH support. You don't need to worry about it. The Community edition supports the prerevived version and I will add support for new bodies. Sorry if this sounds confrontational.

Ah, thanks! I appreciate it! I'll be sure to see how this all pans out. Excited to see where some of these new bodies go!

3 hours ago, Terminal Velocity said:

did you make the performance better cuz the old was laggy like hElL

Yes. I changed the textures to DDS and made them OnDemand. While editing your craft into orbit around these bodies does cause a bit of lag, it's nothing that can't be fixed without just exiting and reentering the SOI.

3 hours ago, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

dyva looks like a trash bag, lol

bloody space trash bag, lil beige trash bag

I was going for more a butter cookie, but that works too. 

Hey @Interplanet Janet! Thanks for reviving Exo's work. Since we're in a new thread, I figured I'd let everyone know @hemeac and I made some configs for MPE back in 1.8. I didn't see them posted here (albeit I hardly looked), and they might need some tweaking (which I may be open to doing in the future), but here they are. I also have another patch for principia which I was working on back then, and will try to finish now that I'm getting back into things (I will also be releasing a principia patch for stock, OPM, and perhaps other planet packs like extrasolar).

Edited by Iodyne

25 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Hey @Interplanet Janet! Thanks for reviving Exo's work. Since we're in a new thread, I figured I'd let everyone know @hemeac and I made some configs for MPE back in 1.8. I didn't see them posted here (albeit I hardly looked), and they might need some tweaking (which I may be open to doing in the future), but here they are. I also have another patch for principia which I was working on back then, and will try to finish now that I'm getting back into things (I will also be releasing a principia patch for stock and perhaps other planet packs like extrasolar).

Oh, thanks! I had no idea these even existed. Maybe I could adapt these into the next version.

If you look at the science defs, you may find a couple of interesting things regarding Havous. I'll see if I can put those in as a config.

@Interplanet Janet  Just a quick bug report: the bodies have more subdued shapes than the pictures shown, it changed for me after the update where the bodies were converted to DDS

Spoiler

Pictures here:

Dyva

Qbif1Sw.png

Havous

mQxUsDb.png

Edas

uRuZZk5.png

All other bodies have this sort of problem, but these are the most noticeable

I am on Mac in version 1.12.2

Edited by TRAPPIST-1E

3 hours ago, MCWither_Storm said:

I've noticed that the map view is getting pretty crowded,  and it's starting to make inter-planetary flight hard to see.  

This is a crowded mod, I must admit. I have considered making a variant called MPE Lite which only includes the most significant bodies, however.

Though to do that, I'd probably have to make a poll about which bodies people like the best, which may not come for a while.

Edited by Interplanet Janet

23 hours ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

@Interplanet Janet  Just a quick bug report: the bodies have more subdued shapes than the pictures shown, it changed for me after the update where the bodies were converted to DDS

Hide contents

Pictures here:

Dyva

Qbif1Sw.png

Havous

mQxUsDb.png

Edas

uRuZZk5.png

All other bodies have this sort of problem, but these are the most noticeable

I am on Mac in version 1.12.2

I'll check this out, recache my files. The configs should be about the same as everything else though. But then again, I'm on Windows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.