[NO LONGER UNDER DEVELOPMENT] MPE Revived

Interplanet Janet

3 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

This is a crowded mod, I must admit. I have considered making a variant called MPE Lite which only includes the most significant bodies, however.

Though to do that, I'd probably have to make a poll about which bodies people like the best, which may not come for a while.

One thing you can try is darker orbit colors for the asteroids and such - I've found that can help it not look as crowded

16 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

This is a crowded mod, I must admit. I have considered making a variant called MPE Lite which only includes the most significant bodies, however.

Though to do that, I'd probably have to make a poll about which bodies people like the best, which may not come for a while.

First off, thank you so much for taking care of this mod, I think it is really fantastic and you are doing really great job with it.

If I can suggest something - I wouldn’t make a poll. The mod has "planets" in the name - maybe the basic version should contain dwarf planets, and the addition would include other objects? Or you could break the mod into two parts: objects from outside Eeloo's orbit and from inside of the solar system.

Also, you could recommend the "Too many orbits" mod to be used with MPE. 

Ps I remember one user suggested in an old thread that Makemake's analogue could be called Brakebrake. I like that idea :)

2 hours ago, Walker said:

First off, thank you so much for taking care of this mod, I think it is really fantastic and you are doing really great job with it.

If I can suggest something - I wouldn’t make a poll. The mod has "planets" in the name - maybe the basic version should contain dwarf planets, and the addition would include other objects? Or you could break the mod into two parts: objects from outside Eeloo's orbit and from inside of the solar system.

Also, you could recommend the "Too many orbits" mod to be used with MPE. 

Ps I remember one user suggested in an old thread that Makemake's analogue could be called Brakebrake. I like that idea :)

Ah, you're welcome! I'm trying my best to handle everything as I could.

Yeah, makes sense. I do just want to know what others think of the bodies as well, see which ones people like the best. The thing I wish is that they're not completely easy choices. I would break it into two parts, but that might ruin the point of giving whole new worlds to explore.

Oh, that's a good one to have. Where's the link? I should bundle it!

I think Mracksis is here to stay. At least we've got Flake (Flake).

4 hours ago, Walker said:

I thought about this little mod, maintained by linuxgurugamer:

I've added that to the main post. Thanks!

IN OTHER NEWS, Doppler is getting a major revamp as part of the next update. I may release old Doppler as its own mod, just in case anyone is dissatisfied with this new version. 

I've noticed some weird graphics stuff around Vant. Somewhere between 210 km and 200 km, the surface texture switches from the grey visible in the map view to a really intense speckled pattern. The pattern rescales itself as you get closer to the surface, maintaining the size but reducing the resolution. This happened in both 1.1.6 and the most recent release, was wondering if I had just installed something wrong.

Zoomed out just past the threshold:

9l4oOSw.png

Zoomed in just inside the threshold:

5MWffDm.png

The surface texture is pretty crunchy.

guPTMVB.png

Edited by Red Dwarf

13 minutes ago, Red Dwarf said:

I've noticed some weird graphics stuff around Vant. Somewhere between 210 km and 200 km, the surface texture switches from the grey visible in the map view to a really intense speckled pattern. The pattern rescales itself as you get closer to the surface, maintaining the size but reducing the resolution. This happened in both 1.1.6 and the most recent release, was wondering if I had just installed something wrong.

9l4oOSw.png

5MWffDm.png

guPTMVB.png

Have you tried to save/load while near it? That looks like a texture glitch that happens in stock too, simply being amplified by the colors and size of the world. Save/load usually fixes that

10 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

Have you tried to save/load while near it? That looks like a texture glitch that happens in stock too, simply being amplified by the colors and size of the world. Save/load usually fixes that

Just tested, and nope, the speckle persisted across both quicksaves/quickloads and hard saves/loads.

3 hours ago, Red Dwarf said:

9l4oOSw.png

5MWffDm.png

guPTMVB.png

I just tried this and nothing's happened. Could it be something on your end?

40 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

I just tried this and nothing's happened. Could it be something on your end?

Certainly possible, I only have a couple hundred other mods going at the same time. Really though, the only likely candidate I could think of causing this is either stock (as WarriorSabe suggested), or CTTP, which is bundled with OPM. I don't see how it could be that last one though, since I assume you're also using that.

6 minutes ago, Red Dwarf said:

Certainly possible, I only have a couple hundred other mods going at the same time. Really though, the only likely candidate I could think of causing this is either stock (as WarriorSabe suggested), or CTTP, which is bundled with OPM. I don't see how it could be that last one though, since I assume you're also using that.

MPE does use stock textures, yes. I only have about thirty mods, one of which is OPM. So it could be that the sheer amount of mods used might be causing it, though I honestly don't know just yet.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, Red Dwarf said:

9l4oOSw.png

5MWffDm.png

guPTMVB.png

EDIT: I think the issue might be the texturing. There will be a patch for this in the update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.