[NO LONGER UNDER DEVELOPMENT] MPE Revived

Interplanet Janet

17 hours ago, MCWither_Storm said:

I went there. Don't you dare make your kerbal even take a single step... even walking is enough to send you on an escape trajectory.

Thanks for the warning. Nearly made exactly that mistake. Literally: The next thing i would have done while playing next time would have been my standard science collection... including an EVA.

Hey everybody. Just wanna give you a quick update. 

I haven't been updating this mod lately partly because of vacation and partly due to school. But I should start getting to work on modding sometime next week; I've had ideas about how to handle the newest and latest bodies in this system.

But 1.4 should be out before November ends for sure. I'm thinking about other little features to add in the meantime, such as mod compatibility and the like. DOE and PlanetShine should be coming soon, as may Scatterer.

Now I just have one question for y'all: how would you feel about Easter eggs? 

46 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Full disclosure, I haven't played with this mod, but I'm keeping my eye on it for a future playthrough! That said... I love any and all Easter eggs. They make exploration fun. :)

1 hour ago, Interplanet Janet said:

I haven't been updating this mod lately partly because of vacation and partly due to school. But I should start getting to work on modding sometime next week; I've had ideas about how to handle the newest and latest bodies in this system.

Lol, you've been updating like a madman! You totally deserve a break:wink:

Don't really care about easter eggs, but feel free!

11 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

But 1.4 should be out before November ends for sure. I'm thinking about other little features to add in the meantime, such as mod compatibility and the like. DOE and PlanetShine should be coming soon, as may Scatterer.

Oh, here's my quick scatterer for ervo I made a while ago; didn't release. I thought I might have made some dust files (like in AVP) but perhaps not because I can't find them.

Absolutely!

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I just made system maps featuring this mod. :)

Squad + OPM + MPE

11400x2800 PNG, 670KB

Ga0QQAm.png

OK, I got some constructive criticism.

Since many of these bodies are far from spherical, it might be a bit more reasonable to add the highest deformity to the general body as well. Edas being 2 km is only the datum; it'd be more realistic to say it had a 7km radius, and then use the surface gravity from that distance. Similarly, Ki'Ki is more like 18km big and Quazen is actually closer to 86 km radius due to how bilobate these bodies are. And Havous is actually nearly as big as Plock (175km at the equator) by virtue of being squashed so much.

Regarding orbits: I'd honestly say though that if bodies are orbiting a barycenter, they should probably be marked with one slightly above and one slightly below the general line, but that's just me. I think Jade tabbed through the bodies and positioned them from there instead of using the semi-major axis as the basis, since Euribanne's orbit is less eccentric than Palloocus-Palloomus' despite them both being Jool trojans, and Lint-Mikey is shown farther out than either despite having a smaller semi-major axis. And, just like Minmus said, Doppler and Dyva are not trojans either, rather main body and moon.

I do wonder how to denote two separate kinds of Trojan though, considering the positioning of both pairs. Would you put Euribanne in front of Jool and Palloocus-Palloomus behind, or would you put both in the same general region due to Jool being the primary body?

One final thing I'd like to add, it might be good if you could add the general color to these MPE bodies as well, because there's a wide variety of colors that should be represented at even these small sizes.

Thanks for making this though, I appreciate it! I'm glad that you like Exo's and my mod enough to graph it out. Have fun with your own modding endeavors!

9 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

I'm talking about Jade's map. According to it, Paloocus and Paloomus are trojans of each other

I thought that meant binary - Elite:Dangerous system charts look very similar in their line thing and binaries are shown that way there

4 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

OK, I got some constructive criticism.

Since many of these bodies are far from spherical, it might be a bit more reasonable to add the highest deformity to the general body as well. Edas being 2 km is only the datum; it'd be more realistic to say it had a 7km radius, and then use the surface gravity from that distance. Similarly, Ki'Ki is more like 18km big and Quazen is actually closer to 86 km radius due to how bilobate these bodies are. And Havous is actually nearly as big as Plock (175km at the equator) by virtue of being squashed so much.

Regarding orbits: I'd honestly say though that if bodies are orbiting a barycenter, they should probably be marked with one slightly above and one slightly below the general line, but that's just me. I think Jade tabbed through the bodies and positioned them from there instead of using the semi-major axis as the basis, since Euribanne's orbit is less eccentric than Palloocus-Palloomus' despite them both being Jool trojans, and Lint-Mikey is shown farther out than either despite having a smaller semi-major axis. And, just like Minmus said, Doppler and Dyva are not trojans either, rather main body and moon.

I do wonder how to denote two separate kinds of Trojan though, considering the positioning of both pairs. Would you put Euribanne in front of Jool and Palloocus-Palloomus behind, or would you put both in the same general region due to Jool being the primary body?

One final thing I'd like to add, it might be good if you could add the general color to these MPE bodies as well, because there's a wide variety of colors that should be represented at even these small sizes.

Thanks for making this though, I appreciate it! I'm glad that you like Exo's and my mod enough to graph it out. Have fun with your own modding endeavors!

I'm not reading this

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.