[NO LONGER UNDER DEVELOPMENT] MPE Revived

Interplanet Janet

I'm having problems with the mod and need help. I've properly just installed it wrong but the textures for the planets and moons aren't loading in correctly. Everything is as white as snow and the names aren't right unless there named with a bunch of numbers in front of it lol. I have Kopernicus installed too but idk if that's installed correctly too. 

Long-time user of this mod, and I love exploring all the different bodies in the system. I've been looking through the configuration files and caught a number of inconsistencies with the biome definitions:

• Archae [LoneGlacier -> #91b4cc]
  • Edas [PolarCrater -> #b3b49e] [Craters -> #d4d4d4] [Surface -> #a0a19b]
  • Ervo [OxygenLakes -> #1a5252] [MinorGlacierField -> #9e9e7b]
  • Eurbon has a completely broken biome dss; it looks like it's supposed to be the minor craters and is only black and gray instead of defining the Craters, Body, and Peaks.
  • Euribanne [Midlands -> #b5534c] [Chasm -> #000F0F] Both of these seem "close enough" and might not need to be changed.
  • Havous [ValleyParvus -> #ffafaf]
  • Soden [Liber -> #895d55]
  • Vant [Highlands -> #810d96] [Lowlands -> #ffffff] [Craters -> #ff7b00] [Crags -> #a7b4a8] [Equator -> #283a3d]

These pretty much seem to be legacy errors from the previous mod author- I remember having to do similar sleuthing for those bodies. I don't want to disparage the work you've done on this mod- you've done fantastic work. I just caught these specific errors and thought you should be aware of them.

On 11/9/2021 at 3:04 PM, Coolguybest said:

Long-time user of this mod, and I love exploring all the different bodies in the system. I've been looking through the configuration files and caught a number of inconsistencies with the biome definitions:

• Archae [LoneGlacier -> #91b4cc]
  • Edas [PolarCrater -> #b3b49e] [Craters -> #d4d4d4] [Surface -> #a0a19b]
  • Ervo [OxygenLakes -> #1a5252] [MinorGlacierField -> #9e9e7b]
  • Eurbon has a completely broken biome dss; it looks like it's supposed to be the minor craters and is only black and gray instead of defining the Craters, Body, and Peaks.
  • Euribanne [Midlands -> #b5534c] [Chasm -> #000F0F] Both of these seem "close enough" and might not need to be changed.
  • Havous [ValleyParvus -> #ffafaf]
  • Soden [Liber -> #895d55]
  • Vant [Highlands -> #810d96] [Lowlands -> #ffffff] [Craters -> #ff7b00] [Crags -> #a7b4a8] [Equator -> #283a3d]

These pretty much seem to be legacy errors from the previous mod author- I remember having to do similar sleuthing for those bodies. I don't want to disparage the work you've done on this mod- you've done fantastic work. I just caught these specific errors and thought you should be aware of them.

Those will be fixed in 1.3.3, I will assure you of that. Eurbon was one of the first I noticed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I also changed them to .pngs to not only reduce file size, but also to make them actually show up. Thank you.

Hi. I just need to make a quick announcement.

Due to a mutual dissatisfaction in the direction the mod was going, @Exo's Lab and I have decided to give her back control of the mod. I will keep the bodies I have made, however, and continue developing from there with a directly MPE-compatible pack called Janet's Planets. I'll admit, Exo has had some great ideas for her own next iteration of this mod, some of which have gone above and beyond anything that I could have created.

I am sorry for the abrupt disruption of this mod's development, but I can assure you that whatever we create with each other will be better than anything I have created alone. Two heads are better than one.

This is only a test for my planet modding skills. The real challenge now is a genuine planet pack... and I wonder what the next endeavor will be.

Ofcourse, it's not my business.

It's just a bit sad to see this mod picked up and abandoned again so soon. What a wild ride it was:0.0:

I like what you did with it and it runs quite stable, so it will be fine I guess.

So thanks!

Edited by modus

29 minutes ago, modus said:

It's just a bit sad to see this mod picked up and abandoned again so soon. What a wild ride it was:0.0:

Not abandoned. Just changing hands. She just has to fix some things up  from where I left her bodies and it'll be good as new.

I kinda need a bit of time to do a bit of revamping of these bodies anyway. MPE Revived will remain up for at least as long as it takes before Exo's MPE is released.

The status quo has been reachieved.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.