Old bases in KSP2

qwery123

well there are space stations that work as colonies i think so maybe a space station is the same as a space colony just that it has big parts on it that can do different things from a normal ship. but i do think colonies would start of as just a base with mining capabilities and later gets enough materials to build a real colony

In KSP 1 base is just an ikon on the map, but yes in practice an base in KSP1 tend to be an oversized lander with an lab and ISRU
It could also be multiple modules docked together. 

One benefit is that they did not need to be static, the base I tended to use on the Mun was one who could jump around pretty well and I used it to rescue kerbals from the surface of Mun. 
Now we do not is ships can do mining and ISRU or if this is only for the new bases. 

Much the same with space stations, it was no problem for me to take that huge space station I put into LKO and fly it to Duna, it has an Saturn 5 class tank and engine at the bottom who was no used as fuel storage. So wonder if the orbital shipyard will be mobile, so we could build one in the orbit around Mun or Minmus and then fly it to Jool and use it to colonize that system kind of like an Von Newman probe. 

Edited by magnemoe