The ksp discussion won’t open

SSTO Crasher

On 9/20/2021 at 3:35 PM, SSTO Crasher said:

When I click on the ksp discussion it will just open a white screen, I am on iPhone 

Are you referring to the KSP Discussion area in Steam/the Steam iPhone app?

I'm one of the Steam Discussion administrators, too. If you let us know exactly where you're referring, we'd love to help. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry to necromance the thread but I have been having this same problem in Firefox 86 on a Windows 10 desktop PC. I checked the developer console and it reported a 500 Internal Server Error, then I tried restarting with all my add-ons disabled, with no luck. Then, however, I tried using a private window (i.e. not logged in) and poof, it displayed correctly. Odd.

In the end I was able to solve the issue by clearing my cookies, cache, and active logins in Firefox. I suspect the site provided a corrupt cookie at some point that (for some crazy reason) was a dependency for the forum to be displayed. It may be possible to fix it by just logging out and back in again but I can't replicate the bug now so who knows?

Edited by problemecium
fold bont

• 1 month later...

I’ve had issues with this before, it went for nearly a year with the general discussion subforum returning a 500 response yet other pages were unaffected and I could access threads inside general discussion directly. It also affected other pages for a while and was inconsistent across different devices- PC, iPad and android phone and connecting via broadband or 4G.

I think what fixed it for me was a total reinstallation of Windows in an attempt to fix what turned out to be a dead GPU, since I can access everything now (though I don’t recommend trying that just to fix one website!). I also cleared all cookies on my iPad and that works fine as well, so try removing all cookies and see if that helps you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.