0.16+ TouhouTorpedo's Modular Multiwheels (Tosh's Cart Mod powered)

TouhouTorpedo

v0.2 released.

Added Truck wheel sets for front and back with seperate headlight modules, a reverse steering module in the original style, and a new truck cab command pod.

This is an early release essentially, so I plan to improve the textures on the cab and the reverse steering module (as the light casing is the wrong shade of gray for some inexplicable reason) but I've ran out of time to improve it tonight, and won't get my hands on this again for a short while. So thought I'd let you all play with it, since I'm more than satisfied with the mechanics!

Have some screenshots of the testing phase mischeif:

screenshot302.png

screenshot63-1.png

screenshot64-1.png

nicely well done just what i needed for my big giant pod something to move it around and make it into a miner for kethane but erm on a note i cant disable motor or disable steering for me so those non powered steering axles if they come default would be great

This goes great with the fuel transfer mod! I made a mission to the north pole, it only made it half way back so i just sent a truck to refuel it, then i sent it back to the ksc and i then could reuse the plane by refuelling it again

This goes great with the fuel transfer mod! I made a mission to the north pole, it only made it half way back so i just sent a truck to refuel it, then i sent it back to the ksc and i then could reuse the plane by refuelling it again

This is actually the reason I made it! since we have fuel transfer mods now, I thought it'd be pretty awesome to be able to make planes able to land, refuel, and get moving again.

It looks like you are using different lights. The lamps included in the mod have a node on the back which can attach to the fenders if the headlight is facing the right direction.

The lights you are adding in your model are from a different mod, and I assume are only surface attach and don't have nodes. the fenders in this mod don't have a collider on their front side where the node is, and this is mainly to avoid any collision detection issues within the vehicle itself. But it also means surface mounted items don't work well on them so well. Use the headlights included!

It looks like you are using different lights. The lamps included in the mod have a node on the back which can attach to the fenders if the headlight is facing the right direction.

The lights you are adding in your model are from a different mod, and I assume are only surface attach and don't have nodes. the fenders in this mod don't have a collider on their front side where the node is, and this is mainly to avoid any collision detection issues within the vehicle itself. But it also means surface mounted items don't work well on them so well. Use the headlights included!

Sorry, to clarify, forget the side-mounted lights. Apparently the imgur image gallery embedding was something new to me so all I had left was that image. Wanted to show off that fuel truck I made.

But even with the included headlights I can't mount them on any of the fenders/couplers thing.

Awesome mod, rly. Only one wish - make double wheels without lights.

Here something i made :)

"Venguard Truck", base truck for any of my mobile rocket launchers :D

screenshot33u.png

Now that I've worked out how this works, I love it! Already made a fuel tender for airfield ops, although it's only necessary if any of my ships even make it home in one piece...

I'll pose this question here because Carts was discontinued: Where can I find the control bindings for the carts? For some reason, my NUM 8 key is backwards (instead of NUM 2) and my NUM 2 key makes me go forward. Quite confusing. Is this a bug or something?

Now that I've worked out how this works, I love it! Already made a fuel tender for airfield ops, although it's only necessary if any of my ships even make it home in one piece...

I'll pose this question here because Carts was discontinued: Where can I find the control bindings for the carts? For some reason, my NUM 8 key is backwards (instead of NUM 2) and my NUM 2 key makes me go forward. Quite confusing. Is this a bug or something?

Check your settings. The num-keys default aren't bound to cart movements, so i presume you've set them yourself.

Yeah, I set them myself because I preferred that for RCS translation. I've checked my settings; translate up is set to NUM 8 and down to NUM 2. Seems right, right?

Yeah, I set them myself because I preferred that for RCS translation. I've checked my settings; translate up is set to NUM 8 and down to NUM 2. Seems right, right?

No, it isn't. When using RCS things work in the opposite. You want to go up, so you fire the DOWN trusters. If you want to go down, you fire the UP thrusters.