0.16+ TouhouTorpedo's Modular Multiwheels (Tosh's Cart Mod powered)

TouhouTorpedo

i agree we need heavy duty airplane wheels

I'll stick to using truck wheels until the Torpedo here releases like, the kind of landing gear you might find on a 777.

Btw any chance of making a steerable copy of the default gear?

The centrally-placed top nodes on the dual wheels are annoying - attaching them radially to, say, the big fuel tank without the wheel clipping the tank (functional but unsightly) is impossible without extra attachments to space them out.

I'll also have to play around with the suspension settings to stop it from rolling over when turning!

I think the next obvious place to go is a proper chassis - the home-made ones I knocked up using Damned Robotics trusses were difficult to get the wheels (steerable front and dual rears) all on the same level. Cradles for different tank sizes would be nice too.

The headlights make my crafts laggy,BUT this plugin still a very good one.

I have made this truck,using this plugin( of course!), damned robotics(for the truss) and um3kCorp Multifunction Utility Panels for the trailer.

Edited by goldenpeach
one more screenshot

:0.0: that's an awesome truck, any chance of a .craft file for it? :3

Here you go: http://www./?22b89uzz3z64iiz

Except Damned Robotics http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9675-v0-16-Damned-Robotics-Version-1-2-1

you will need rescaled parts from here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/19056-Mods-Cfg-Edits-That-Don-t-Deserve-a-Thread/page2 post #15

Have fun :)

Edited by EPD
linked wrong .craft file :P

Just as a quick update, I'm working on the following parts at this time:

Small surface attachable liquid thrust engine for using these wheels on low gravity bodies

Large retractable wheels in 1m diameter bodies, allowing sleek landing gear designs. Currently I have unpowered steering and non-steering unpowered models. I do plan to add power to one of these, I just haven't decided which yet.

Improved graphics truck cab with internals could be in the works now I know how to do it. But this will take a lot longer. The landing gear I could release sooner.

Teaser pictures of new retractable wheels :

screenshot166.png

screenshot168.png

• 6 months later...

There is a bug in 0.5.1.1 version where that magic stick does not working as it should. You have to first manually toggle all of them and then they are reacting on throttle but also that GUI is there totally wrong.

Huh, isn't this going to be resurrected?

Just not got around to it. I'll check out the cache on google when I've got time, see if I can find the 0.5 thread and bring it back to life. Right now though, there isn't any work going on with KSP mods for me anyway.

• 1 month later...