Intro cinematic (or cool animation)

imagine if when you loaded ksp 2 a cinematic (that you could skip) came on.

jebediah is sitting outside of the mun or bust (main menu) rocket and is building a mun sandcastle, suddenly a massive shadow makes everything dark and jeb turns around to see a giant station (like the one in the trailer) flying over head and a smaller rocket detaching from it, it slows itself down and lands next to the mun or bust rocket and jeb climbs into the capsule and tells bill and bob the come outside and the step out to see the rocket towering over them and a kerbal step outs them fall down the rocket until he lands face first in front of them. then they look up and the KSP 2 logo appears above kerbin

Edited by planeticegaming

I just like it to load fast enough for that not to be worth while. 

If not Loading screen should screenshots of me playing the game, either screen shots I take or have the game take them at various times that might be interesting. Like EVAs near other bodies and flag plantings or rovers returning to base,....

KSP2 trailer as intro cinematic.

They already have the high-definition video, it covers most of the main points in the game and with a few minor tweaks (e.g. making Duna the right way round, removing the logos where necessary) it would be a quick overview of what KSP2 is all about. Getting permission for the music might be an issue, but if that isn’t possible then the in-house composer could write something.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:01 AM, planeticegaming said:

jebediah is sitting outside of the mun or bust (main menu) rocket and is building a mun sandcastle, suddenly a massive shadow makes everything dark and jeb turns around to see a giant station (like the one in the trailer) flying over head and a smaller rocket detaching from it, it slows itself down and lands next to the mun or bust rocket and jeb climbs into the capsule and tells bill and bob the come outside and the step out to see the rocket towering over them and a kerbal step outs them fall down the rocket until he lands face first in front of them.

What is the point if nothing happens?

• 2 weeks later...

What's the point of ANY game's opening/loading cinematic? It sets the mood, and it can act as a nice screen saver if you go AFK and leave the game on the starting screen.

Showing the trailers for the game is a very popular tactic, so that's a good idea.

Rolling the credits is another popular tactic, and unlike games with a set story there's no worries about spoiling things that might ruin the story if you saw them in the credits first.

In other (shorter) words, I think this is a good idea, and there should certainly be plenty of things in the game that link it to KSP 1, especially things you might discover on other planets (this game is a new game, it needs its own, new, easter eggs!).

34 minutes ago, SciMan said:

and it can act as a nice screen saver if you go AFK and leave the game on the starting screen.

And only then? Having to spam click when opening the game just to escape the pointless dumb cinematics that fulfil a job already taken by the teaser isn't nice.

Did I say "only" then? Yes, obviously there should be an option built into the game's settings that would allow you to have the game go to the starting screen as quickly as possible (default off), therefore you wouldn't even need to spam click to skip the opening cinematic. However that should ALSO not be the same option tick-box that skips all the OTHER cut-scenes in the game (if there even are any cutscenes, I don't know yet if there are any but they could be a nice thing used to mark important milestones in the development of your interplanetary-and-eventually-interstellar colonization efforts).

4 hours ago, SciMan said:

However that should ALSO not be the same option tick-box that skips all the OTHER cut-scenes in the game (if there even are any cutscenes,

The only cut scene that was mentioned was the launch count down, but it's supposedly optional if you want it or not.