[1.10x-1.12.x] [WIP] Kerbal: Dangerous [ED-style Frame Shift Drive]

kAerospace

An absolutely wonderful mod. Definitely an upgrade from a regular warp drive. Been excited about a mod like this for quite a while, considering I like exploring other solar systems. It is absolutely perfect when paired with a mod such as Real Exoplanets or Galaxies Unbound (ESPECIALLY Galaxies Unbound!). Thank you very much for releasing this CMDR. Fly safe!

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but:

1. All plugins that are made available on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community must have their source code be made publicly available. This can be achieved by posting it on a public code repository and linking this repository in every location you offer the plugin for download. Including the source code in the download file itself instead of hosting it on a public code repository also satisfies this requirement.
Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who are having issues with the fuel cell patch, check if any other mods that change the fuel cells are installed.  For me, it was Restock, which has texture patches for the fuel cells. I use CKAN, but this should apply whether you use it or not.  Personally, I just uninstalled Restock because it was easier while testing. The config file (Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\kFSD for Steam installations) is easily modifiable, and can be changed to another part that you choose as the OP says, as long as the correct part name is provided.

I haven't done any testing on what actually happens when you change the part, but it seems like it just makes a duplicate. If you want to add the functionality to another part, make sure to check the rescale factor as well, and set it to 1.0 if it needs to be a certain size to fit, by default it's set to 2.0.

A couple notes, the FSD options are in-flight, so you'll only see them in action groups. To be safe, don't use more than one drive. Perhaps setting up multiple action groups would allow for multiple drives but in my experience, you only need one.FSD.png

Image is how it looked once successfully installed. Visually, not different from the fuel cell at all and the resource section remained the same as well, but the drive functioned as intended while in flight. The ship parts are from the flying saucers mod, seemed to mesh well with this mod's  .

• 11 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 7:21 AM, lop948 said:

For those who are having issues with the fuel cell patch, check if any other mods that change the fuel cells are installed.  For me, it was Restock, which has texture patches for the fuel cells. I use CKAN, but this should apply whether you use it or not.  Personally, I just uninstalled Restock because it was easier while testing. The config file (Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\kFSD for Steam installations) is easily modifiable, and can be changed to another part that you choose as the OP says, as long as the correct part name is provided.

I haven't done any testing on what actually happens when you change the part, but it seems like it just makes a duplicate. If you want to add the functionality to another part, make sure to check the rescale factor as well, and set it to 1.0 if it needs to be a certain size to fit, by default it's set to 2.0.

A couple notes, the FSD options are in-flight, so you'll only see them in action groups. To be safe, don't use more than one drive. Perhaps setting up multiple action groups would allow for multiple drives but in my experience, you only need one.FSD.png

Image is how it looked once successfully installed. Visually, not different from the fuel cell at all and the resource section remained the same as well, but the drive functioned as intended while in flight. The ship parts are from the flying saucers mod, seemed to mesh well with this mod's  .

It's not too hard to fix that issue. Basically, just have 2 copies of the patch, but the first line of one has ":NEEDS[!ReStock]" and the other has ":AFTER[ReStock]"

Wait was it restock, Restock, or ReStock?