Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition now available on PS5 & Xbox Series X|S!

StarSlay3r

KSP Enhanced Edition Gen 9 TWFB.png

Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition is now available on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S! 
https://bit.ly/3Abadja 

Featuring:
- QHD w/improved framerate 
- More stable game experience 
- Upgraded shaders & textures 
- Keyboard & mouse support
& more!

If you already own a copy of the game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One your next-gen upgrade is free.

5 hours ago, manchild said:

Great news, can't wait to get back to it.  Can you import your PS4 saves to the new PS5 version? and if so, how?

Idk abt. The PS5 but on the Series it's just a normal update. The question is if the old saves are fully compatible with the new mechanics and features

EDIT: The save works but won't be compatible with the XBX One (PS4!?) anymore once you confirmed you want to use it for the Series (PS5!?) And you must reconfigure the settings. For advanced tweakables aso. EDITend

I will restart a career anyways. I don't trust this not comung with any bugs or other troubles. Btw. It looks awesome :cool:

Edited by HUG

3 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

If I owned a console...  I'd buy this now!

Great news for our console playing siblings (siblo-nauts?)

Peace.

Thnx m8. But I think you overestimate this feature for KSP. I use the keyboard and mouse for the Fs2020 so it's not like I couldn't see the benefit for some games in it. But for KSP I'm 99.9% certain I will not make use of it. The radial gamepad controll overhaul is brilliant. I know it's hard to believe for PC Kerbonauts but for me it became more than just a way to do it. It became THE way. But I'm also glad that now everybody can pick whichever they like.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:31 PM, manchild said:

Great news, can't wait to get back to it.  Can you import your PS4 saves to the new PS5 version? and if so, how?

I heard back from Kerbal support - unfortunately its not possible to port your PS4 saves to the PS5 version. 

I'm gutted...  Surely that was a pretty important feature to have for all of us with heavily invested career saves? 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:31 PM, manchild said:

Update the PS4 version of the game first, then you should have the option to import your save over to PS5. More information on how to transfer your save can be found here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/transfer-games-saved-data-ps4-ps5/

23 hours ago, manchild said:

I heard back from Kerbal support - unfortunately its not possible to port your PS4 saves to the PS5 version. 

I'm gutted...  Surely that was a pretty important feature to have for all of us with heavily invested career saves? 

You should be able to transfer your save file, you just need to update the PS4 version of the game first in order to do so. See my last comment for more info.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:52 AM, MZ_per_X1 said:

Sadly, I can't export the ps4 save. It thinks for a while and then it gives me an error. :rolleyes:

Please ensure the PS4 version of the game is updated first, then you should be able to transfer the save file. If you're still encountering issues please reach out to https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us so they can look into this. 

23 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

You should be able to transfer your save file, you just need to update the PS4 version of the game first in order to do so. See my last comment for more info.

Yeah did that and got as far as exporting from the PS4 game and finding it to import on the PS5.  Problem is when I select the save I want to import, the game crashes - freezes.

I emailed Pirate Division and the came back with this:

" Congratulations in upgrading your KSP to Enhanced Edition. To answer your question about importing the save file from PS4 to PS5, the new version was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But, that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!" 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:04 PM, KSPStar said:

KSP Enhanced Edition Gen 9 TWFB.png

Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition is now available on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S! 
https://bit.ly/3Abadja 

Featuring:
- QHD w/improved framerate 
- More stable game experience 
- Upgraded shaders & textures 
- Keyboard & mouse support
& more!

If you already own a copy of the game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One your next-gen upgrade is free.

Soooo...other than the new textures this isn't stuck in the PS4 limbo that is 1.8? right?

@KSPStar

Can you explain what the “@ more!” is?  The PC updates come out with a whole lot more information than what this did. Your announcement is a great sales ad for PS5/Xbox Series owners but you’re saying it’s an update for current owners on ps4/Xbox ones.   Now that you’ve got to hire n train someone(s) to modify the code to 1.12  and how long before any of that gets to the consoles, wouldn’t you think that you owe those of us on ps4/Xbox ones some explanation about “@ more !”?  Maybe console owners are fewer in number but we should get the same style of updates notes that the PC users get.